Does anyone think its possible to fall in love online without meeting?

I've been chatting with this guy online for about two weeks on messager and over the phone pretty much everyday. He keeps me up till like 2 in the morning every night and tells how he misses talking to me and can't wait to meet me. But I'm worried that when I do meet him I'm not going to like him and its going to hurt him. Or the other way around. Does anyone think its possible or have fallen in love with someone over the internet before even meeting someone?

Wow there's a lot of controversy on this topic

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is easier to fall in love online because you only see the best of them, and they aren't there to annoy you the rest of the time.

What Guys Said 11

• Your feelings are going to be real regardless of any lies he tells. So yes you're falling in love. I would say find a way to meet before this gets too drawn out. The reason is you need to be able to see if the chemistry is there. Also there's romance trolls that pick a girl tell them all kinds of great things and plan a life together while his wife is sleeping in the next room. I've heard of people killing themselves over having met a guy and found out he was doing that to a few others, the self blame was too much when everyone else was saying it was too good to be true. So before you get hurt emotionally meet and prevent getting hurt later.

• Lol I'm not in love with the guy.. I'm nervous in meeting this guy and not use to internet dating and have had a few guys tell me they love me or are in love with me. So I'm not sure. I'm afraid when I meet him I might not give him a chance.

• oh, so you're still unattached? hmmmmm let me look at that picture again! :) lol

• Yes, it´s posible. I have almost a year in a long distance relationship. We met in a chat and a couple of days later she accept to be my girlfriend. Obviously we didn´t fall in love that fast but there was a strong link between us that eventually turn out to be love, love, love. First thing is trust to keep a relationship like that and that will depend on how sincere is the relation. The wrost thing you can do is just show only your best side and not really who you are completely.

I would recomend you to use video calls with him to get to know him better.

* The eyes are the window to the soul.

• Been there, I got hurt. She decides to give her ex a chance two days before we planned to meet which would have been almost exactly a year ago. That was a shitty Chirstmas and new years, I got drunk and played nice with family but when I was alone I was a wreak. I learned a lesson about not getting too emotionally invested in people.

• If you've never seen a photo of him, then you fell in love with the image you've created about him.

• Depends on what your definition of Love is...

Can you have a deep sense of lust or even "love" for an image that someone has portrayed online. Sure. It's why people are fascinated with who they think celebrities are.

• Well the reason I ask is because I don date to much online and to many times I get guys say I love you.. And I'm like come on dote give me that. I've even gotten marriage proposals. I like wow people are crazy. But then you hear these stories on TV.

• If 40M people have dated online in the U. S., then surely a good sample of them found love.

Dating is just like buying a house. Most people are going to look at a lot of houses and find one that best fits them and no matter the price range it will NEVER be perfect. Some people can see the perfect house online, fall in love with it, and buy it the second they step foot in it. Others might try and build one from the ground up, adding on as they go.

I still maintain, you can't truly love a "house" until you've lived in it and still love it despite the imperfections...

• Haha I like that.. I feel like dating online is like shopping for a man.

• Yes I believe you can and I believe it cause great misery and pain.

• Lol
    I asked the same question today

• No. It happened to me and it didn't end well

• Yep, it's happened to me. Didn't end well.

• I have fallen in love with someone I met online. We have not met either. It's 100% real to me. You will eventually have to meet to know for sure.

• That's awesome👍 did it last long?

• It's a fairly new relationship, we've been together 2 months. Time will tell how long it lasts.

• No. I think infatuation is possible but not love. You need to physically experience the person for it to be love, it's possible to hide flaws online too. Loving someone means loving them despite their flaws.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't know, I mean it's certainly possible to develop crushes and a strong liking for someone online but I couldn't be in love with someone I've never met in person.

• No as I think it's bad he maybe just trying to flirt or ruin your life as the end may be sucide if you truly love him than don't go over face go on personality girl 😘

• Yes, but she told me that she could never love me in a million years because I was so fat and ugly, and that I should hang myself and that I was so crazy and insane that I should be put in a mental hospital forever... she hurt me so very much... so it's hard to trust people online because they can lie to you, with out you noticeing. You should be careful by who you talk to

• I m so sorry to hear that's very wrong of her

• It's alright, I'm still trying to live with it... yeah. Well I hope and pray that that never happends to you

• I think that it is possible but u need to know the person a little bit more, I felt in love with a guy, but we have been chatting for like ten months now, I ve seen his flaws and stuff, but still I dont think he is in love with me, in my particular case is really complicated casue he lives really really far away from me, But if u wanna keep going with this guy, u must know if he will be able to see you someday.

• No that's not realistic.

• I think some interest can be raised, but love, nooooo.

• Happens all the time. I, personally could not do it. I fall for the man, not my own fantasy.

• I know many people here hates these kind of things but yeah, I think it is.