Why do guys play games if they don't want you?

I've known a guy for a few years now, we'd always flirt but never dated. Through that he's dated a few girls. He had the chance to date me but didn't want to. Yet he gets jealous when other guys and I talk... he also flirts with me and says stuff like "I need to date a girl like (insert description of me)"... then goes and chooses someone else. I've gotten sick of it but he still seems to play these dumb games even though he's dating someone new now.

He'll get annoyed if I don't stop by to speak to him, then do the same to me for a few days etc. He also says stuff like "this could've been you if you had been good to me" when talking about his new girl & him etc. It's constant games with him. Why is he doing this if he doesn't want me? Why not just let it be?

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you react when he does it? I mean, in front of him. A lot of people are strange, if people keep doing some things, they're feeling pleasure with this thing. He probably likes playing games because something is "feeding" this playing. I don't mean it's you, but it can be maybe the way you react, or he just wants attention, or he likes this situation because it makes him feel good or in control of the situation somehow.

We can't say for sure, but this is my guess.

• True to be honest... he has said before he only does this to me cause it's "easy" or whatever based off my reaction. I don't really react, I just make a sarcastic comment, its not like Im stomping away in jealousy so I don't get it but that's a mean trick to play just for kicks tbh

• only does this to me and not other people*** i meant

• So maybe he feels challenged with the sarcastic comments and this "feeds" him to continue doing this. You say you don't react, but he surely sees a reaction. Test him. Try to make something different next time he acts like that and see if he continues. I guess you gotta hit his "food" and then he may starve xD

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe he wants to get to know you even more... or doesn't want to date due to your friendship, maybe he doesn't want to ruin it or make you think a different way about him. What if he's just waiting till he feels comfortable with dating a friend. He could be listening to know more about you so he can better himself for you to like him more.

• Because it's fun.

• We're hopeful. If the girl of my dreams ( who I already have found, thankfully) had rejected me that day, I would have lost all spirit in the dating world.

• Congrats on finding the right girl. But I'm kinda stuck in my situation cause I'm a good girl but this guy has treated me like crap all the time and he was the one who didn't want me so why does he still feel the need to play games?

• Then this isn't the same situation. He may be a genetic douchebag. But there's probably a more reasonable explanation.

• he likes you thoo. he is just unsure about how you feel about him soo he hasn't made a move...

• he is a headache. get rid

What Girls Said 1

• I feel bad for his current girlfriend.. Here she is, thinking she's with a decent guy, and behind her back, he's flirting with you? What a dick. Do you really want a guy like that? I know it's fun to flirt and have people like you, I get it, but this guy is a total asshole and you'd be doing yourself no favors by entertaining him. Tell him to leave you be and to focus on his own girlfriend. Flirt with whomever you want and don't worry about him getting jealous, because has no right to and can get the hell over it.