How do you tell someone you like them without running away or puking?

i almost did it today. almost. i literally wore a cute outfit and everything, but i chickened out at the last minute and choked up. i really want to tell him before this week's up since we have winter break starting in the middle of next week and i'm not sure if he's coming to school before the break. how do i ask him out without making a fool of myself and running away? in other words, how do i be "smooth" whilst asking?

thank you guys so much, oh my gosh. 😊 i'm going to try to tell him tomorrow. (fingers crossed this time it works and i don't chicken out)

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no way you just have to be gutsy either way you try to do it would involved some level of rejection if he doesn't feel the same way so you're like Stan?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HUIGVt2ys

• oh my gosh, that video. cx let's hope i don't get rejected? i'm not sure how i would act if that were to happen. i'm terrified of rejection. reasons why i don't really take risks.

• my hints are really dorky and weird. i mean, i usually cower away from people of the opposite gender. he's one of the few guys in my school who i'll let voluntarily touch me. and i tend to smile and laugh a lot with him. does that count? in some ways, i feel like i'm really obvious with my hints. in other aspects, it makes me look like a flirt because i have a few guy friends i'm comfortable with who also act comfortable around me.

• Yes and no because he is still young and he could not no anything about girls I remember when I was under 18 and even all the way up to 20 I didn't know anything about girls I didn't know how they flirt, signs they show of liking a girl, etc. Cause most guy don't show strong signs when they like a girl other than the obvious stuff like blushing or getting an erection lol. And when a guy does like a girl he will just be more bold about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him if he has a pen and a piece of paper you can borrow. If he asks what for, say there is something important you have to write down.
    Write call me and your number and put it in his hand or pocket. Thank him and walk off.

• That's very cheeky haha lol a girl did that to me once in my high school math class, but I turned her down.

• Oh yeah I agree its cute move :) she should try it and it still would look pretty bold especially for a girl :)

• Well then this will work. Jeez you couldn't get any more certain that he likes you! Just go for it.

• You could give him a cheeky note with your number on or something

• i have his number already, but thanks.

• After what you've told me.. I'd tell him in class that you've got something you want to tell him at the end of school. Just to be safe :) . Good luck I'm sure ull do fine

• thank you. ☺

What Girls Said 3

• Give him a note somehow. Stick it in one of his books or tell one of his friends to tell him. Or even one of your friends. Or slip a note into his locker. Or just casually bring it up in a random conversation.

• we have a bad past with notes.. it didn't go so well. only his best friend and i are sort of friends but he'd tell me to grow some balls and tell him myself. as for lockers, my school has way too many kids, so we only have gym lockers which are separated between genders. i guess i can try through a random conversation.

• I would go for the more subtle approach. I would drop subtle hints and see if it is taken well. I wouldn't go full throttle as it would scare the person off

• according to a lot of people, we both throw more than subtle hints but since he hasn't directly acted upon them, i'm not sure if he even knows..

• he'll call me beautiful and tell me he likes my hair and that i smell nice. things like that. but it's mostly what he does. he likes to wrap his arm around me a lot and rub my back or my arm and play with my hair. he used to play with my boots and touch my knees before, but after getting weird looks from his best friend, he stopped.

• IT is soooo obvious he feels that way about you too. Why don't you be casual. Like why don't you get together a group of friends and invite him too. Keep things casual. Or why don't you ask him out for coffee or something. Just say "Hey there is this new coffee shop that I am dying to show you, would you like to go?"

• This was really cute.
    I don't know how to do it though.