What does a man mean when he says 'he needs some space!', while we are traveling through India together?

My boyfriend and I have had quite a few ups and down lately. I being the typical girl breakdown easily and many a times have said things to him that I didn't mean. I understand it takes two to tango and hence, I know I have made enough mistakes for him to say he needs space. We are traveling through Mumbai right now and he has gone away to live at his friend's while I am staying with another friend on the side of the city. I miss him dearly, because we are in living relationship and I haven't lived away from him in months. It is killing me because when I think of going somewhere, I selflessly want to include him. While he is going out and doing things, he doesn't want to involve me. But here I thought this trip was our trip, not as individual trips. I know he want to work this relationship and I respect his space, but it truly bothers me that he is being a slight selfish and doesn't want to involve me in his travel plans or what he is truly thinking as well. Please Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're in close proximity all day, every day. That's the nature of being on a trip together and without some space to yourself it can start to get very stressful.

• Yes. I believe so. He just called to say we are meeting for a movie and some shopping. I guess that's not the sign that things are over?

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he may be done with you sweetheart. I started ignoring my ex not long before I dumped him. Got sick of his breakdowns and the nasty shit he would say "not thinking". But that's when the truth comes out, when you don't think before speaking.

• I hope not! We have been through so much, it would be sad if just because of couple of things he decides to break up. Plus, he just called to say we are meeting for a movie and some shopping. I guess that's not the sign that things are over?

• Never know. But I'd calm down a bit if I were you. Most guys don't appreciate a ton of breakdowns over little shit.

• You better have a round trip ticket

• Both of us do! Do you think it would be advisable if I extended my stay for him to take more of his space?

What Girls Said 3

• talk to him! be open about wanting to work on it but wait for him to reach out to you first.

definitely respect that he wants some space.

if he doesn't listen or hear your side, end it girl! he's not ready to commit if he can't talk to you about all this

• He means he's found another girlfriend. Or possibly boyfriend.

• Carry on and keep moving!

• You mean I should just let him be and just continue my plans by myself?

• Yeah! He's being a dumb ass right now. Why bow down to his level. He purposely having a good time without you and he knows it bothers you. Have your own fun!