What matters more? LooksOr personality?

What matters more when trying to attract a girl (in my case), or a guy? Looks, personality, or both?

• Looks
  • Personality
Based on the comments and votes, it seems that a majority of guys care more for looks and girls care more for personality. Very interesting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both are important. It's hard to accomplish one without the other. Looks are more like your wingman. You typically get a girl's attention by looking good. But if there's not charisma, if she doesn't like your personality, she's not gonna be interested enough to let you in. Unless she's just looking for sex, then looks are probably the key factor. However most women are looking for, or at least open to the idea of, being in a relationship. So having a good personality, or rather the type of personality she's attracted to, are important. Then looks. Mutual feelings, interests, beliefs are the most fundamental for a relationship, but being physically attracted to each other is also extremely important for staying together, making it last.

What Girls Said 11

• They're both important, looks are generally what catch someone's initial attention and personality is what keeps them interested.

• If you have the looks, you will be recognized by many but if they find out you have a terrible personality people will walk away from your life and will not choose to be a part of it. Where as if you have a pleasing personality, not everybody will get to know it easily but those who know you will choose to be there for you and accept you for who you are. If you have both personality and looks, you're awesome!

• Personality to matters more I like a guy with a nice personality and someone who is funny and can make me laugh. Looks to me are a bonus. I can't date someone who doesn't have a good personality, then I wouldn't find them attractive.

• Both important.

• You can have the best looks & still have a shitty personality which will show through. Looks are essential to get someone's attention in general but if your personalities clash no matter how good looking they are it will be more work than necessary.

• both! defo both

• If your personality is bad, it makes you ugly. If your personality is good, it makes you attractive.
    I wouldn't be able to fall in love w someone I don't find attractive.

• I go with personality first. Then looks if I like their personality.

• personality obviously but it doesn't hurt to be good looking as well XD

• Absolutely personality. I've liked guys I didn't initially find attractive and found them attractive with my feelings later :)

• Looks is what I might initially notice but it will be the personality that will really draw me in and keep me there.

What Guys Said 11

• It depends how good her personality is, and how bad her looks are LOL but that is the truth. In terms of a romantic relationship that is long term, certainly personality. Looks never last anyway.

• If a girl is really ugly then that's a deal breaker, regardless of how amazing her personality is. I have to be attracted to her else anything more than friendship isn't going to work. The question you pose is sort of a false dilemma.

That being said, I would prefer a 6/10 with an amazing personality than a 9/10 with a lame personality

• Looks attract, but if you have a shitty personality then people will be repulsed by you and will abandon you.

So, in the end, you need both.

• lucky,,,,, looks

• Actually a little bit of both, it's looks that gets you their while it's personality that keeps you their.

• To me, they're both ranked about the same. I want a good-looking girl who I'm always in the mood to get it on with, but simultaneously she has to be down to Earth and easy to get along with.

• Wow good one. Personality wins in the end. Looks are the initial catalyst for getting to know the personality. Personality doesn't ware away & grows.

• There has to be a good balance of both, but at the end of the day personality still might be more important

• Most of people say that personality is more important. But that's a lie :) I also was saying personality but now I am aware that looks is more important. And I must say, my taste of a hot girl differs from most of my friends. I don't know why.

• Many girls will say personality matters more but the truth is most people of both genders care about both equally regardless how much they try to deny they don't care about looks because in reality everyone cares about looks, anyone who says they don't are full of you know what.

• Looks trump personality all the time (unless you have money) every time.