Want to Marry at 28, Date Now or Later?

As a guy, my plan has always been to start looking for a wife and start dating girls when I hit 25. Then I would get married at 28ish. Recently though, I've been thinking that I should start looking for a wife and dating girls when I hit 20. A friend told me that in order to find "the ONE", you have to try many times and get a lot of misses. He said eventually you will get a hit. He said 25 is too late to be looking for a wife if I want to be married by 28. What do you think is best?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't plan any of it. You can start looking when you're 20 and not find someone you want to marry or who wants to marry you until you're 40, it's love, it can't be planned. There's no point in looking at getting married as a goal to be achieved by a certain age, you should look at marriage as something you and the person you love want to commit to as an expression of your loving relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to get some experience learning to please women.. Otherwise when you are in your late twenties, you will be too awkward with women to attract "the one" Just like not every job is your dream job that you will stay with for a lifetime... you still need to get your experience

• Just live your life and somewhere along the way, you'll meet the one you marry. Nothing ever goes according to plan. Sometimes the first person you date turns out to be the one you grow old with. Sometimes it takes decades to happen. Don't spend a lot of time stressing about it, and instead get to know yourself and do what makes you happy and trust me, you'll find yourself in a good relationship.

• start earlier

What Guys Said 4

• I disagree with TundraWolf. He tends to have a rosy view on things.

I would stay away from the older ones simply because... there's something wrong. If a woman is 35 and single you have to ask yourself a variety of new questions. 1) Is she divorced? 2) Does she have kids? 3) Has she ever been in a serious relationship? 4) Why isn't she married yet?

That's not all of them, just an abbreviated list. However, dating really young girls is no picnic either. Society has corrupted our generation; Marriage as an institution is in shambles. The divorce rate in this country is over 50%. The most BASIC reason for this is that everybody fully believes that the grass is greener on the other side. Younger women are more likely to believe this because they're young and they are told that they haven't dated enough to "find the right one." It's all hogwash.

If you really want to get married you need to find a woman that believes in fundamental values. Loyalty, Perseverance, Humility, and putting others before oneself. You may be lucky and find a young girl in her teens or early 20's that will have those fundamentals but chances are you won't because society's teachings have made her all confused. By the time they get into their late 20's reality hits them hard. For others, they are still living in their dream world of finding the perfect man.

So what am I telling you? I'm telling you to look for young women in their 20's that have those fundamentals. The older ones are just full of luggage you don't want to deal with. Now, if you're an older man then maybe that would be more acceptable for you, but you're not, you're a young dude, so go for young women.

• You will never find the "one" by setting a hard date. God may decide you need more maturing and find her at age 35.

There is NO AGE TOO LATE. Do not listen to that. It will force you into a bad situation.

• date whenever you want but don't get married before 24. when your an adult, independent, experienced and smarter than before. start dating. you have to know whats going on out there in order to choose a girl to get married to. you need to get experienced. its a nasty world out there, you won't believe it !! but you have to learn.

• dude if you're 18 to 24, then forget abut marriage... you're still a child ;-)