Having a hard time letting my boyfriend in, is this wrong?

Me and my boyfriend have had our share of trials the last few months, but I am extremely happy, as is he. We are a team, and we are VERY open with each other, and we discuss all of our feelings. He knows I feel this way, and continues reassuring me that he is here for me, and that he loves me. So, there are no plans to break it off. I am just wondering if other people have had an issue with this. I have just had a very long line of bad relationships, and though I do believe he is here for the long run, I seem to have a foot in the door.

Thank you so much.

What Guys Said 1

• just go with your guts... you'll know when the time is right !!! how cliche that sounds !!!

• Cliche but correct. :) My gut tells me I am with the right person in the right direction.

• Well I know what I am afraid of. I am afraid of him waking up one day and just leaving. I have abandonment issues, and really bad anxiety and I don't usually let people in like I have him so it is just very scary.

• so? i guess that means you can't handle it... even if you go thro all that again and come out in one piece you can never trust any guy again... maybe even the most perfect guy you would ever meet. i think you should wait... until there is no doubt... until your more than 100 percent sure about this guy. until you know he is the one...

What Girls Said 1

• i have the same problem, I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months now and sometimes i still struggle. its normal really. You just have to experiment, try it bit by bit. Just take your time and enjoy the whole process :)

• Thank you <3 That's what I wanted to hear. I am so very happy now.