Why do guys always talk a lot about a nice date but never follow through?

So often guys will talk about a nice first date or some big plans he has, but then when push comes to shove, he wants to do something quick and easy. Like they'll just invite me to come along with the boys or get a quick drink, not the plan they originally pitched to me. They want to downplay the whole thing, and it makes me feel unimportant. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe these said guys just aren't as interested? All the times I've been asked out on dates by guys it was exclusive one on one dates with no other people involved. I find it unusual if this is something that keeps happening.

• Well typically it is one on one. But say I'll be talking to a guy and he'll talk about taking me to my favorite restaurant or to a concert I've been wanting to go to. Then when it comes time to actually hang out for the first time, he'll try to make it something quicker/easier. Like just a casual hang out or a quick drink.

What Guys Said 1

• d00d we so follow through it. well the men do.

What Girls Said 1

• How much interest are you showing back? It could be they're sensing you're that interested for some reason, so they back-track. I can't be sure though, just a thought.