Guy wouldn't let me pay on a date then bitched to me about women making him pay for everything?

so i went on a date with this guy fully intending to pay half like i always do on dates and he wouldn't let me pay for anything, i dont mean i half heartedly offered without meaning it either we had a 5 minute mini argument where he got kind of angry and insulted that i kept saying no ill pay half that i had to just let him pay or i think he would have started shouting in the restaurant. anyway we went to the theatre to see a Christmas play after and the same thing happened with tickets and drinks, afterwards when we were at the little bar area at half time break he started bitching to me about women always expecting men like him to pay for everything which offended me because id just been offering to pay half most of the night and it offended him to the point where he got angry with me.

why did he do one thing then bitch about it? i was seriously trying to pay half the whole time i even got up myself to pay for drinks but he would catch up to me at the bar and shimmy in front of me to pay the guy before i could then scowl at me and sulk for a bit

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like he has deeper issues, or he is just a hypocrite, cut him from your life if he isn't worth the effort.

What Guys Said 3

• He was just being bitter by the way that is how I would want my gf to pay for it if she is willing to pay for it for half or all of it or none of it neither way bothers me lol. He was just being bitter he was expecting for you to pay for the whole bill and for the tickets.

• He is a 'keeper'- NOT

• Maybe he wasn't talking about you, a lot of women do expect a guy to pay

What Girls Said 1

• I have no idea what's wrong with him. If I were you, that would be a huge turn off to me. If he meant to pay for the date, then why did he bitch about it? He sounds very unpleasant & bitter.