Super self-conscious over acne on back…help?

I have acne on my back. I've had it for years and can't get rid of it. I am SO self-conscious about it and whenever I get physical with a guy, that's all I can think about and I get sick to my stomach thinking that he'll feel or see it and get totally turned off. I don't enjoy making out and stuff because of it…I just can't relax and let go when I'm with a guy.

My face is clear and guys have been attracted to my face and body…. but how much of a deal breaker is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it, it's natural to feel self-concious about
    things you're not comfortable with.

If you feel like getting rid of it at some point
    there are things you can try.

1) Turn down the heat of the water when you're
    taking a shower/bathing, the heat may/can irritate
    the acne and make it more obvious.

2) Go to be beach, and sit in the water so that it
    covers the affected area for about 10min, then sit in
    the sun for 10-15min. The sun will dry out the pimples
    do not get burnt, as this will make the acne worse instead
    (Repeating this process, should lead to results within the first
    two day. ^.^)

3) You can also make a homemade exfoliating scrub
    squeeze one grapefruit into a bowl with 1½ cups of white sugar and ½ cup of coarse sea salt
    and then massage it onto the affected area.

There, 3 sort of easy, natural ways
    to treat it. ^.^

What Guys Said 2

• You mean little red spots, or those that even have pus? If it's just the red spots, then it's not a deal breaker, it's totally normal. But if it's with pus, then it's kinda disgusting, I mean, no one likes pus, I even get disgusted when I had them.
    Try to get some creams or something to get rid of them, go to a doctor, they can recommend you something for it.
    But to answer your question, it's not a deal breaker if it's what I think it is.

• I wouldn't worry. I had acne on my back when I was younger and was worried what girls would think. I discovered that they didn't care and I got a gf who found popping them satisfying (gross I know). So if girls don't care, it's unlikely guys do, I know I don't! lol

What Girls Said 2

• I know how you feel, though I have acne on my face and I am super self conscious about it. I always feel like guys are completely turned off by my complexion. Over the years I have gotten better at accepting myself because I figure I'm pretty much stuck w/it. Talk to a dermatologist and see if you can get something to help. Also be careful w/getting your hopes high w/home remedies, as I have tried them and they have pretty much done nothing for me.

• We all have parts of our bodies that we dislike. My boyfriend has acne on his back and the last thing I'm thinking about during sex is his is acne and I'm sure the guys you're with think the same thing. If it bothers you then maybe do it with the lights off or your shirt on