Do guys take eye contact as seriously as girls do?

I swear some of us think a guy is " in love with us" okay I'm exaggerating but eye contact is such a big deal to girls, that's why there is constantly all these questions about " he stared at me does he like me"

So are the eyes the windows to the soul?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• there's also a lot of questions involving guys asking the saame question lool. thaats because eye contact is surprisingly intimate and shows interest :)

What Guys Said 7

• I like to make eye contact with basically everybody, but if it's a girl I like, I try to make as much eye contact as possible without being creepy. So, when a girl makes eye contact, for more than 2 seconds, I do think that maybe she likes me and that she's interested.

• this is interesting. I'm pretty shy and have a hard time making eye contact with most people. unless it's a guy I'm already dating (during the crushing phase I get way too nervous and constantly blush and stare at the ground). also, it's also easiest for me to make longer eye contact with people I find unattractive.

• I'm shy too, but I've learned that if I don't make eye contact I'm not gonna go anywhere. I also was like you, always avoiding eye contact with girls I liked, and I didn't win anything by that, so now I've changed and things go better.
      Maybe not too much eye contact works for you, but if it doesn't try to stare a bit more, you'll get used to it and in no time it'll be totally normal.

• I have to be in the right mood or it has to be the right girl for the whole eye contact thing to have an effect on me, and I most of the time look practically everyone I talk to in the eye ( for reasons of respect ) which happens to be dozens of people a day.

• From a personal point of view, if I see a girl I'm interested in. I make sure we make eye contact, but not all guys are like that. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance.

• I don't know. I generally look everyone in the eye I speak to. I thought it was considered just basic civility and politeness.

• 100% Yas baby ;3

• Some do. Some don't.

• I know I don't. I make eye contact with everyone and I don't think anything of it.

What Girls Said 1

• oh definitely. guys are even more visual than we are.