What does, "I can't see the future, I don't know" mean in reference to dating an ex?

I asked him if he'd ever consider dating his ex again if we broke up (I feel threatened by their friendship) and he said, "I don't know, I can't see the future."

I can understand the good intention in that by not wanting to lie, but is that how someone would say they're still interested in dating them or am I reading too much from that?

Would you tell your significant other this? Would you lie and say you had no interest if you did?

Most Helpful Guy

• He gave you the best answer, he doesn't really know; if your gone from his life then he has to move on and will once again fall in love. Falling back for his ex is always a possibility since they are still in touch, he just doesn't know.

Also the question puts him in a hard spot, he can say yes but that isn't a good answer even if he still has feeling. Or said no when he does.

What Guys Said 4

• It means it is a real possibility that it can happen. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that is what will happen. As he said it himself he doesn't know he can't see the future. i. e. anythings possible. But you shouldn't worry to much about it. What ever happens im sure is for the best you can't be in a relationship that has no future.

• it means yes i would.
    no i wouldn't. id say def not.

• it basically means it can go either way depending on how you guys leave off if you break up

• It means, you need to tell him how you feel about him and her friendship. We don't get hints. We're pretty straightforward gender. You need to tell him how you feel. The number of failure of relationships? Communication

• Oh he knows, many fights about this and it's still his answer.

• *whining* stop making me face what i know i have to face lol

• You know what you need to do. I'm just your advocate

What Girls Said 0