Could you date/marry someone who couldn't cook?

Like say they never learned how to cook and they just eat out everyday. They know how to make breakfast like cereal, eggs, toast, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok but as time passes by I would expect that both of us learn some more (I'm just average in the kitchen but can at least cook some more things than just making breakfast) because it saves money and it's not hard for anyone to learn. Being lazy, unwilling to learn and always relying on me just because I'm slightly better would be a deal-breaker to me.

What Girls Said 16

• I like to cook, so I'd do it but I'd like him to learn so that he can help if I'm busy :)

• Of course I would. I would be stupid if rejected someone because they can't cook. I also can't cook and this is not a good reason to leave someone.

• Yes, my boyfriend is not a good cook. He rarely cooks something and I don't mind.

• Yeah I'd prefer they stay the hell out of my kitchen anyway.

• Sure. I love to cook and I'd rather be the one cooking as long as they go grocery shopping for me, lol.

• Ofcourse I would

• Sure, I'd cook instead.

• Of course, I do most of the cooking as it is anyways xD

• I can't cook either so it wouldn't bother me

• yeah sure why not

• No I wouldn't date myself

• for sure i would even maybe teach him how to cook.

• I can't cook
    Then again I'm 14
    I really hope I won't be forever alone

• Hah, I don't give a fuck if he can cook?

• If he's willing to learn, sure. My dad couldn't cook much when he married my mom. 25 years later and he's pretty damn good at it. Not mom status, but still lol. It's not that complicated.

• Heck NO. I know I can cook for sure. But the man I marry has to know how to cook. What if I'm sick and he has to cook and we can't order take out. What am I gonna eat ? Cereal. ?

• Because getting a big meal everyday, is really damn important..

• It doesn't have to be a big meal. I hold it down in the kitchen. But he at least has to be able to cook basic foods. Hell my aunt can't cook to save her life so she depends on my grandmother to cook everything. She burnt a pop tart. So I don't want that burden. @ShaeNielson

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah but we'd be in some shit because I can't cook either XD. We could burn bread together LOL.

global3.memecdn.com/burned-food_o_1268271.jpg

• Yeah I know how to cook lol so I'd teach her my tricks plus it's fun cooking together you never know where things will end up :)

• I couldn't, unless she was willing to learn. I can cook, so I figure it could be a situation where we could both teach each other. But, if she flat out refuses, then I guess she won't be Mrs. Macklin91

• I don't know lol, all women in my family know how to cook or bake so to fit in she would either have to be good at it, or learn how to all the guys know how to cook as well we are all big hunters, fishermen and grillers/smokers.

• Yes. I'm a good cook.

• Yeah I don't care about that.

• No. If you can't cook, that means you can't do other things, or you don't care. You're copping out, or you're just lazy.

• I could. I don't know how to cook either but it's never late to learn.

• My wife couldnt cook when we got married, but now, wow! Better than most restaurants. She says if you can read, you can cook (my mom taught her that).

• As I love cooking, it wouldn't bother me in the least

• I could not and would never

• NO
    -
    -
    -
    -