I told him I wanted diamonds for Christmas as a joke.. he stopped talking to me?

fml i was just trying to be funny.. he askd me what u getting me for Christmas i said soap but i want diamonds. haha i still think its funny.. anyways i didn't realize that this could come across wrong. so he stopped texting me its been 2 weeks,
guys don't judge a girl so quick we also can make stupid comments that make us look like we a diff than who we actually are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wasn't really a joke... Plus, who wants a needy girlfriend who uses him. Plus, maybe it's something else

• guys are so worried about getting used for there money.. well its not how i meant it i was just being a brat… plus guys use girls for sex all the time so why u cry about shit like this

• i know. i didn't even want diamonds i think there a waste of money but oh well.. my bad

• I hope you work it out.

What Guys Said 5

• LOL! Gold digger. They are Ofcourse a BIC turn off! clarify to him that u were juz playen being sarcastic. Maybe he might rethink his decision.

• but its been 2 weeks how can i now send a text being like hey i was only kidding. cuz i actually was kidding.. i actually like him for him and nothing more and i came across as a gold digger which is really not the case

• He mistaken u for a gold digger and u must rephrase and clarify what u really mean. If u don't, u will always remain a gold digger right in his eyes. Best to tell him sooner than later

• Greedy aren't we? Now you'll get nothing & like it!!!

• i was kiddddding with him ugh… i was trying to be funny and it was a huge fail!!!
      i didn't want anything i don't even care about Christmas.
      I'm actually a humble person and i don't even really like jewellery i have so much and never wear them..
      oh well my fault for making a bad joke.. i guess lesson learnt

• Maybe he watched "Blood Diamond" recently and got freaked out

• Maybe he is pulling double shifts to buy you Diamonds. in the future I'd try not to mention buying expensive stuff.

• Just be careful about your sense of humor... it doesn't go over well on text. That's why calling or talking in person is better. A real boyfriend would get you a diamond though

What Girls Said 3

• Lol! Have you told him it was just a joke?

• Did you tell him you were joking? To be honest you seem extremely immature. I'm surprised to see your age group. Grow up.

• yea …. sometimes people make mistakes and this was mine. i worked a 12hr graveyard shift and when i woke up i got that message from him and i responded not really thinking 2x about it. i thought i was being funny at the moment but i guess not. the point of the joke was how ludicrous the price diff was between the gifts as in him getting soap and me diamonds.. oh well i fucked up lesson learnt that not every one gets ur sense of humor and to hold back until u know them well enough so when u make jokes like that they know how u really r and ur just kidding.

• Omg that's so funny