Online Dating ! GUYS what so you think?

I'm thinking about trying online dating for the first time. It's something that I've always wanted to do even once , but I'm a little nervous and don't know what to do , because I'm into serious relationships. I wonder if it's the right place to look for one...
Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. After to getting to know him better on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that once I came home, I hopped on board again, this time tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I remained there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now and we have still Continued our 'Online' marriage, for I haven't been over to see him in a very long while. With this, because of personal reasons and the many more problems in the Middle East since then, it has caused much strife in our life and in this relationship.
    Online darting seems to be more and more prevalent all the time. If you are not into the bar scene and want to begin your own beguine of setting up profiles in different Reputable dating sites, many Free, then give it a try. It's nice to be able to do your own thing from the comfort of your own living room. Then if anything materializes where you both find some chemistry and decide to meet up, you can decide what it is you would like to do and where to go on a first date.
    It's an experience, I have done this several times. You can have your pick of the bunch, the cream of the crop and if the magic and magnitude is there to be found, it can many times end up a partnership in paradise.
    However, in getting involved in many dating sites which are out there, it is also best to do your homework on which ones are the way to go. And while you are at it, I also advise anyone new in this playing the field online, to do their own homework on getting educated with scam artists and scammers who are out there and ready to pounce on innocent victims every day as well.
    Good luck. xx

• OMG thank you ! that was more than enough :'D

• Must be hard ! I hope it works about for the both of you weither it's being together or finding a closure ^^

• Thank you so much.. yes it is hard... I am still wondering even now why God brought a Christan and a Muslim together in another land... however, twas in another time, I guess.:)) xx

What Guys Said 6

• I'm no expert in online dating by any means, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

There are decent people out there who're looking for the same thing you are, and would likely make great relationship partners. However, sifting through the shear amount of weirdos and trashy people will occupy most of your time and effort trying to find a decent partner.

A majority of the people you'll meet on sites like Match. com and especially Meetme. com would not qualify as quality individuals. Much more of the opposite.

If you're serious about finding a partner, I suggest actually doing it on a serious dating website. That being one which requires its users to pay a little bit more, and answer a high amount of questions before setting up an actual account. This process forces users to actually put in time before doing anything, so there's a higher amount of serious and successful people on the website... because the undesirables couldn't be bothered paying the money and/or taking the time to make an account.

Hope this helps!

• Speaking for myself, it really diminishes the process of getting to know people in a genuine manner. In person, we generally don't sift through hundreds or even thousands of people in a matter of minutes like we're window shopping.

Every person has some redeeming qualities about themselves and a picture with a few lines of text does not always bring those qualities to the forefront. It benefits those that happen to be photogenic or offer favorable metrics, be it salary and/or an Ivy League education, height, religion, etc.

People, with feelings and aspirations and all, are listed as mere commodities up for window shoppers. Sure, people have the best intentions in the world but this type of environment will almost always detract you from better judgement.

My advice is to move slower than molassas. Guys have no problem expressing their interest in boning you, so you can afford to wait it out so you know who is genuine. This is not to say you should just be content with messaging back and forth. Phone conversations/webcam chats give a guy something real to hinge his hopes on. Even genuine guys lose patience if all that you are is lines of text.

• Thank you ! you've made some really strong points !

• Honestly, its weird in my case. Like, I would not trust anyone on actual dating site, because there's soo much bullsh*t its really hardto trust someone there. But I think it can work pretty well if you meet a nice guy/girl online when you DONT expect it. Like, on this site, or just by playing a video game, or whatever.

I dont know, I feel that when you are not expecting to date someone, you will show more your true color, and its easier to trust the other one. i dont know if you understand what im trying to say, its kinda complicated :P

• All i can tell you is Online Dating is like any other dating but online can
    be a high risk cause most people who got issues , mental health disabilities,
    low self esteem they take to the Internet to find Love so yes got be careful.

• I recently tried it. I think for a girl it's probably easy because you don't really don't anything other than receive messages and pick which person to talk to.

• Hey, love is love! Who knows, you might find Mr. Right on there.

What Girls Said 2

• You won't be the first or the last

• I hate it Its a rip off