Would you let your SO go through your messages?

I have nothing to hide so I wouldn't care. But I might not let him go through my browser history.
Well would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, all they would see is a lot of YouTube and coding sites if they went through my browser.

Messages on the other hand, I would rather not. Even messages from a girl I flirted with BEFORE we were dating seem to make girls get a little jealous and pissed off. I mean, I can understand why it's tough to think of your bf/gf with someone else, but at the same time it's not very ethical.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope. Doesn't matter what kind of relationship we are in. It's my phone. It's not a matter of hiding it's a matter of it being my phone and not hers. I wouldn't care to look through hers either.

• Out of principal no, I let my previous partner have complete freedom of my phone and she turned into the most insecure woman ever.
    She literally went through my phone multiple times a day without fail.

• if she asked I would ask her if she is insecure and a big discussion would start.
    I don't have a problem with my msgs but I have a problem with the way she feels about me when she mentions that and it anoys me.

What Girls Said 6

• yeah same^ no messages to hide. i wouldn't want him to see my browser history only because i dont want anyone in reality to know i have GaG. not because I'm ashamed, but because it would defeat the purpose of why I'm a member here.

BUT, this being said, if he's asking to do so [or not] in the first place, it implies a lack of trust and i won't get with a dude like that anyway. it just suggests that he needs to have access to my things to 'make sure' everything's ok.

• It depends if it's something casual for instance if I say 'While I'm getting changed do you mind texting Rebecca?' and he happens to see the messages then, since it's not like he's going out to look for them but if he went on my phone and looked through them without my permission then I'd be annoyed, mainly because it shows he has no trust for me. I'd only understand if there was a reason to question my trust.

• Absolutely not. I have nothing to hide either but it's the principle of the matter. Why should I waste my time with someone who doesn't trust me?

• Nope even though i have nothing to hide. I dont like to be intruded on my privacy, i wld give him the space he required but he need to respect mine too

• Yeah I let my boyfriend go through my phone he sometimes doesn't let me go in his though cause i used to go to ask and he doesn't want me to see the questions cause he wants to save them for when I'm mad at him.

• I would. I have nothing to hide from them to let them know that its ok