What's wrong with a woman asking a man out on a date?

I would like to be asked out, instead of me having to ask, once in a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• there's nothing wrong with it. only conservative people dislike it basically

What Girls Said 4

• I prefer to be asked. I only want to date guys who are super into me and through experience I know that guys pursue women they're into.

• You can't tell me that you've never taken the initiative.

• I have in the past and ended up with guys who weren't that into me. While they did go out with me, there was always another woman that they really wanted to go out with that they just hadn't asked out yet. So now I don't ask men out and my dating life is a lot better.

• good reply, BUT, you forgot to put a little alcohol (liquid courage) into your formula.

• Do you want to maybe go out for dinner sometime ;-)

I do arrange dates usually the guy asks the first time though

• I would, actually! We're probably a thousand miles apart, though! I know women that are interested in guys, but never say anything. Then get upset when the guy moves on, not knowing this woman was interested the whole time.

• Lol see its that easy some women just need to get the courage and realise you are only here on this magnificent planet once

• I like to ask guys for date, I don't know why.

• Nothing wrong with it. That's just the way society expects people to behave i guess...

What Guys Said 6

• It's the cultural norm. Which also means that men will sooner or later grow desperate enough to learn to do it. Women might not.

My impression is that many women feel shy about it. I frequently see questions on here from women who want to know how to become more 'approachable'. Which is sort of ridiculous, but understandable.

Society has been known to brand women who are very assertive in this area 'sluts'. I imagine that also has an effect.

• i know! whats up with that, i'd love to be asked out on a date for once rather than me asking first
    my flattery monster needs feeding

• Is chivalry dead? I have been yelled at for holding doors open for women. They want to be treated equal, right? I would really take notice if a woman picked me up!

• my thought exactly exactly!

• Nothing wrong with it at all!

• I don't think it is normal because then i would wonder how many boys she has asked out before, that doesn't sound right to me especially if i consider most of men's ain on girls. Not cool and really doesn't fit with girls behaviour.

• Nothing at all. Times are catching up and more females are doing the asking.

• There's nothing wrong with it and girls/women should feel free to do so. That doesn't mean you should expect to be asked out, it's not as if they owe you that.