Would you get into a relationship with a girl who has a young child?

If yes is there a limit to how young the child is for instance you would date a girl with a 4 year old but not a girl with a child under 1

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I would. First, I would date a gal with a child. Have done it. Having a child does not make the gal a curse or something. And after dating her, if we hit it off, it could develop into a relationship, which I would be fine with. Beyond that, it would depend on other things. Does she want me to bond with the child? If we married, would she want me to be the child's father figure, or would she insist that I could not be in that role because the biological father has to have that role. (That can cause so many problems.)

I think there are a large number of people who are moving away from the family concept. Not getting married, just living together. Deciding not to have kids. Parting ways too easily. With those kinds of lifestyles, stepping into a situation with ready-made kids is just not for so many guys now.

What Guys Said 15

• Personally I would since I've always been more of a family guy and always wanted to have kids with my future wife. Doesn't matter what age they are for me, just adds more bonding time between me along with the child and mother.

• a kid actually takes away from the bonding between a man and woman. this is why so many married men have such a hard time after their first child is born.

• Well u do t have to do anything but taking care of another mans kids doesn't make you a family man

• I could care less if it were another mans kid. Doesn't matter if he were my blood or not I am willing to accept them into my life and create a family outta that already pre-existing one.

• The only girl I ever learnt to know and with whom I got very close to a relationship, had a 6 year old boy. But I didn't mind since she was such a nice person that I'd have been happy to welcome the kid in my life!
    Unfortunately she had learnt to know another guy on the same dating site and... I was nr 2.

• No, for three reasons.

Kids need a real father figure, just as they need a mother. It's wrong of men to casually date single mothers and impact that kid as they do. Kids need a solid man, not anything casual.

Also, I'm not going to date a woman who's borne another man's child. If I ever had kids, either the child will be adopted, or the two of us will have a child together, and that kid will in fact be mine as well.

Lastly, the vast majority of single mothers are not widows, or women cheated and dumped by lousy husbands. They're women who slept around, often with scumbags who aren't reliable, and were dumb enough or unlucky enough to get knocked up. I'm not going to date a woman who has a testament to her lack of wisdom following her around.

• I dont think the childs age matters as long as u like the girl

• The young ages do not matter. What does matter is the father of the child. Girls go after the guy who will spend a life time making sure the woman has a hell of a life.

• God No, i hate kids, but raising another mans kids is for complete losers, honestly you would be better single

• I have a friend who has a kid and she's 30 years old. She got married last year and that same year had the child and got divorced. I really don't feel I would want to raise to someone else's child. I like kid's don't get me wrong. But I think I would have a harder time in dealing with the kid growing up with someone else replacing his father. Plus I don't' think I would have any free time as the kid would come first in the relationship. If anything I would date someone who doesn't have kids so I don't have to rush yet to have kids. I know people who do get in relationships with women who have kids and it works out for them. My cousin had three kids of his own and got into a relationship with a girl who had three kids of her own. They got married and they are sorta like the Brady bunch.

• probably not. Im not even sure I want my own kids, I certainly don't want to raise some other guys kids.

• No I wouldn't, I don't care how awesome a girl is, if she has children she's off limits.

• Why does that make her off limits?

• Lets say for example you got with a girl was in a long term relationship she fell pregnant you decide to keep the child then things don't work out and you split, would you be happy that any girl you liked after this wrote you off straight away due to having a child with another girl?

• I wouldn't be happy but I'd understand her reason and I'd respect her decision.

• I wouldn't as I'm 24 and I'm not ready for kids myself.

• I wouldn't get serious. Being serious with single moms is for losers.

• Why is it for losers?

• I want to be single. It will take a very special women to give up my single life. Its a new era we dont have to couple up anymore. Marriage is for women they benefit from marriage not men. Also there are more marriagable men then women in my age range so its a fools errand to even attempt to date serious.

• Also why do I have to date women my age in my forties. Id go for women in their late twenties

• Age of the child doesn't matter, it's how many you have. I wouldn't date a girl with more than one child.

• No, but it might be interesting to be her friend.

• Came close to doing so. Didn't pan out. Her choice.

• Have you got one?

What Girls Said 1

• I would never date a guy who already has a kid. we could be friends, nothing more.