How would you feel if someone said you are an embarrassment to the family?

I'm seeing someone and family don't like him. I like him and find him funny, successful, cute. it isn't ideal but I want to give it a chance.
my family members (2 of them) have gone out to yell at him when he came to the house and said he's not good enough, get out, and told him to fuck off basically.
I'm seeing him in secret, and I've been told by my family the following insults (I'm a whore, evil for having non-marital sex, wasting my time, stupid, shaming the family, a dirty whatever insert word here, a shame for the family, I should be run over, I shouldn't have been born...)
he's helping me gain some independence, have my own car and rent. he basically said that he's ready to settle down with me, we've known each other for at least 2 years and slowly, we're in a relationship now.
what are your thoughts about family members being pissed, preventing you from dating, or saying untrue, but hurtful things? how to deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to talk with parents and explain that it's not good, that you like him. Maybe they have a reason why they say something like this?

It's hard but if you really like him, try to explain with you parents in easy way. But that's just rude if your own family say that you are whore etc...

Have a nice day!

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• How the fuck do they have the right to say that, exactly?

What Girls Said 1

• As an embarrassment to my family, I can tell you that it's something that certainly hurts, but you shouldn't let it influence your chances for happiness. Usually, they accept the things they don't like, because ultimately their love wins out over their hate. The best way to deal with it is to lean on the people who accept and love you.