In need of guy input: im a confused girl looking for clarification?

this guy and i met while he was still in a relationship. he introduced himself and admited that he shouldn't have approached me. however, we hit it off right away and there was this instant chemistry between us. when he saw me around campus we would talk about everything. he even spoke to me about breaking up with his gf cuz he wasn't in love with her anymore and 2 weeks later he did (in fact he admitted that i was the catalyst for his breakup). he wanted to hang out but i told him im looking for a long term relationship and he understood. he said that he thought it was too early to start dating which i understand so we remained friends. i took the next 2 weeks to think things through, because he was leaving to go to another school for next semester, however, we couldnt stay away and would drive 30 mins to hang out with me. the thing is that, when we finally kissed one night, we both knew it felt right. we are both into each other, but he admitted that he was scared to see me again because he didn't want to hurt me and knew that he couldnt give me what i deserve and want and that he wishes that he could. he admitted that had he stayed we would have ended up dating and that we would be great together. he said that maybe when he's ready we could get to know each other better.
im always the one to text first, but he always replies with full answers. on more than one occassion since we ended things, he brought up the fact that our timing has always been off and things like that, but we always end up talking for hours and flirting.

my question is, am i just fun for him or does he care about me?

PLEASE KNOW THAT HE NOR I EVER CHEATED ON HIS GF. WE ONLY SPOKE WHEN WE BUMPED INTO EACH OTHER

What Guys Said 1

• No, he's done a lot for you. He's a good guy.

• so its alright that text first with him? i know he will always respond so i dont think it makes me look desparate. plus he already knows im into him so if he was freaked out by me he would have started ignoring me already right?

• yup. always convos. we know we can't date, and yet we still talk. i was just worried that i was a rebound or what not. but since he approached me while still in a relationship saying he wanted to approach me for weeks means that it wasn't just physical attraction right?

• Sounds like it's going well.

What Girls Said 0