Is there a reason to hold onto your feelings towards someone, waiting?

Is there a reason to hold onto your feelings, or should you just take the chance and tell your crush about you feelings (provided you have known each other for some time)? Can the other person lose interest if you take too long?

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally it's because I don't have the balls to tell the person hahaha because I'm scared they might not feel the same way. But I've learned to grow some balls and live as if I was gonna die tomorrow. So if I like someone, I'll let them know pretty fast! :) (also because indeed, someone might be interested by you, but doesn't have the balls either and will lose interest if none of you tell the other their feelings) :)

What Girls Said 2

• I was in your boat only a couple weeks ago. I really liked/like this guy and I told him how I felt and its kinda been a little crazy because I still don't know if he has some sort of feelings or what. My advice is to take the chance, but don't say how you feel. Apparently telling someone you like them is bad advice. Instead you should ask them out on a date and then tell them how you feel. I don't think you will regret telling this person. I think it depends on how much the person cares about you, but they could lose interest if you take too long. They may move on to someone else. It all depends on their personality and how close you are to this person. For ex. are you pretty good friends or are you just in class together and sometimes talk? Good luck!

• Yeah don't take to long tell her, if she does like you then waiting might make her think you don't like her and she will move on

What Guys Said 2

• No in my opinion, there's not. The only thing you succeed in doing by waiting is giving all the other guys a chance to ask her out first. Also say you're nervous and you wait because you're nervous. Just ask yourself. If she says no after all this waiting, how many other girls have I just missed out on? Don't misunderstand that question. I don't mean you'd be slayin tha pussy if you'd just ask and get it over with. What I mean is while you were making a big deal of this girl who you haven't even dated yet, who eventually you ask out and she says no, how many potentially great girlfriends have walked in and out of your life.

For those two reasons I don't see a point in waiting. I ask girls that I've talked to and have feelings for out and depending on their answer I move on.

• Why put yourself through agony. Just tell and be done with it.