We really like each other but I think we both are afraid to label our relationship... what do you think?

Me and this guy have been seeing each other for 6 months. We act like we are together when the world sees us together and at home. We never get bored with each other. We are growing closer and closer. We have had our ups and downs. He didn't know that he was really going to like me and he almost pushed me away but he couldnt because the feelings are there. There is more but the good thing is that we got over it. We haven't mentioned the "R" word and things are going smoothly. My brother thinks there has to be a label. I believe that relationship is just a word. As long as we are happy and we understand each other it will be alright. I dont belong to anyone until he proposes. That is how I see it. Is it weird that we "act" like we are in a relationship but dont put a label on it? When we introduce each other we just introduce by saying each others name. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally agree about labels and them not being that important, but sometimes they are necessary. You may be thinking that you two are pretty much in a relationship without defining it, but have you asked him his thoughts on this? He may be scared, but he may sense your apprehension to use the terms boyfriend or girlfriend and is acting on that. You need to know where one another stand, and relationship is a term that solidifies that. Until you've discussed defining the relationship, you can't expect anything. Tomorrow he may change his mind, and you would have no cause to feel hurt other than that you have affections for him. If it's not defined or you two don't agree about the status of things, then anything can happen.

• I think he is a bit shy... we are having dinner tonight. I want to tell him that I don't have any intention of seeing anyone else and that I want to be with him. I just dont know how to start or when...

What Guys Said 1

• I always find this attitude almost silly. I mean yes "RELATIONSHIP" is only a word, but that said words do mean things. We do define things for a reason. if suddenly he started seeing another girl, you would be hurt. and if he said "But we weren't in anything, we never labeled it." You would say "Umm well yes we were." So if the shoe fits, wear it. You are in a relationship and it means something. Be proud of it.

What Girls Said 0