He kept referring to his ex?

This has me curious more than anything. I just went on a first date who couldn't stop referring to his ex-girlfriend. If they had just broken up then I would say he's clearly rebounding and not over her but it sounded like they broke up about two years ago. I'm just curious what to make of it. The only thing that makes sense is that he's still not over her. It was pretty serious from the sounds of things. From what I could piece together they clearly had been quite serious as they had lived together, taken several huge trips together, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds to me like he's not over her yet. Another factor to pay attention to is how he talks about her. Does he think of her negatively, and says he hates her? Or does he say he's cool with how things ended? Hate is as strong an emotion as love, and if he has any nasty thoughts about her, she's still affecting him.

What Guys Said 2

• So man who is not over his ex refers to his ex.

Breaking news!

• Dont fall for it. Tip: if anyone keeps talking about their ex, their not even worth their time at all... he's not over her. He should be talking about you not her!

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him, maybe he was just nervous. although likely he is not over her