Sleep Overs

How would you feel if your significant other wanted to have sleep over at a friends house? My best friend just called and wants to do a huge girls night. There are going to be about 20 of us hanging out watching movies. But she wants everyone to stay the night after. I told her I would come, but I wouldn't stay the night.

If my man told me a group of guys were getting together to watch movies and then all stay the night at John's house I would be bugged. For one thing it's a little weird and I would wonder if it was a cover story. And for another, why can't he just come home? I am a big believer in coming home to each other at night. It's one thing if he went to like Vegas or something and couldn't come home, but to just stay gone all night when he is 15 minutes away would bug me. I can't explain it. But I just think he should be coming home to me every night. I'm not ok with him staying out all night for any reason.

How would you feel if your husband/wife wanted to stay the night at a friend's house 20 min. away?

After the poll please explain your answer.

• I would be just fine with it.
  • I wouldn't be ok with it, it would bother me.
By the way, this is directed for serious, long term relationships with couples who are living together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, I see your point and I do agree. For me, it bugs me extremely when my fiance goes to a sleep over. Going out with the girls is all fine and well. But it's irksome that she find a need to stay the entire night when her fiance is right at home and willing to do anything she wants. Your feelings possibly develops from a self-conscious feeling that maybe, you cannot give him all that he need. That you feel depressed by the fact that he look to an entire night away from you as pleasant. But for whatever the deeper cause is. Know that you're not the only one that feels this way. My fiance use to do it EVERY single weekend unless she absolutely couldn't. I found it pretty annoying then, because I couldn't even make plans with her for the weekend unless her friends were all busy and wouldn't have her.

• It doesn't come from anything deep or self-conscious. I just don't like it. I go home to my man every night. He can do the same. He doesn't get to pick and choose which nights he comes home, he can come home every night or just stay gone. It's a respect thing, not an insecurity. My man would never do something like this, I just find it odd so many people wouldn't care if theirs did.

• Yeah, I agree with you. I come home to my girl every single night. I don't think it's asking that much for someone to come "home" every night to their partners. You can go out and have fun, yes, this is all fine and well. But no one NEED to stay gone away from the one they swore their devotion, life, dedication to. It's kind of a contradiction if you ask me, and very disrespectful when you, yourself are coming home to him. He can come home to you. I hope things get settled for you. Good luck.

• Thank you. I'm glad you see my point. Everything is good with me, nothing needs settled. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same as me because my best friend finds it weird.

What Guys Said 1

• Personally I don't see what the big deal is. The whole point of having a sleep over is the SLEEPING OVER part so to not do that seems weird. Reversed, yeah it would be weird if guys had a "sleep over" but I seriously doubt that would happen. About the only time a guy is staying the night is after a long night of drinking and then again, who cares if he passes out at a buddies as long as it isn't an every night thing.

What Girls Said 2

• u need to let him breath. I have been with my man for 7 years and sometimes he hangs out with his friends for a guys night out. they hang out and get drunk. then he usally goes oer his friends house and he gets so wasted he just sleeps there and comes home the next day. I am fine with it as long as he calls me and lets me know. if not I will start getting worried that something happened to him. you need to trust him. if he wants to cheat on you he will do it regardless if he sleeps over or not. he can cheat on you on his lunch break if he really wanted to.

• I'm not worried about him cheating on me. That wasn't the issue. I just don't think staying out all night partying is appropriate in a marriage.

• He has plenty of freedom. He can do his thing. We have our own lives too. I have no problem with him going out with the guys. But at night, he comes home to me. I don't need to see the losers out there to know what I have at home. And neither does he, he would never do this. It's a respect thing. Not an insecurity.

• Wow, it really seems as your guy is very immature. That type of behavior may seem harmless right now. But I bet more goes on on his wild party nights than he says. But on the main topic. As the question asker says. It's very inappropriate in marriage. There is a real issue if your partner feels they need to sleep away from you for an entire night. You can have a guy's night out without staying away the entire night. It shows immaturity and a sense of in-completion. I wish you the best of luck.

• I really don't think its a big deal. Every girl needs a girls night out to be with your girlfriends. Its not like your lying to him about it. Maybe it bugs you Because you don't trust him and you think he is not doing what he says he's doing. It would be kind of weird if 20 guys wanted to have a Sleep over. For us girls it normal to have sleep overs once in a great while to see what we all been up to.