Why do some people do this? It's another example of white people trying to hijack something and use It to their advantage. Thing is Jesus wasn't white considering where he came from and he sure as heck didn't have blue eyes and blonde hair. Sounds like an ideal imagine that someone promoting white power and control invented. Because if Jesus is white then white people must be the chosen ones?
I just think this imagine of Jesus everywhere is completely wrong and gives the wrong message.
Most Helpful Guy
1. There is no evidence that Jesus actually existed.
2. I can't remember the last time I saw a depiction of Jesus with blond hair and blue eyes.
3. Every culture often likes to turn Jesus into a native. Just look at East Asian depictions of Jesus, for example.
4. The Middle East contains a wide spectrum of skin colours. It's the Arabs who tend to be darker, and Jesus, if he existed, pre-dated the Arab conquest by a long time.
5. According to some official definitions of 'White', including that used by the U. S. Census, Middle-Easterners (and not just Europeans) are White.
6. Yes, religion is a reality-denying command system. I don't think Jesus's whiteness or lack thereof adds to, or subtracts from, this.8
- Show AllShow Less