Do you consider an hour away to be long distance?

I really like this guy I've been seeing but he lives an hour away, so getting together has been kind of difficult. They say long distance relationships never work, would you consider an hour long distance? Is it really not that big a deal?

• An hour away is long distance
  • It's not that far, calm down

Most Helpful Girl

• It's relative. For example, I live an hour away from the closest town so it wouldn't be much for me travel that far but if you never have to drive more than 10 minutes to get anywhere it can feel a lot farther. It also depends on how much reward for effort you're both getting. If you dread thinking about having to drive that far or you come away from your date a little deflated then it isn't going to work out. You should feel pumped to go see someone you're interested in and the drive should feel relatively short. It's also a point to see if he makes just as much effort to see you. If either of you are finding it too much of an effort it isn't going to work out that well. You both deserve someone who finds you worthy of an hour's drive.

What Guys Said 16

• An hour away in a space shuttle maybe

• Annoying but not anither continent.

• I commute longer than an hour to get to work ffs.

• If you can't see one another that often, then yes it is.

• I wish I had someone an hour away! :(

• No. I'd say an hour-and-a-half away would be close to long-distance. Two hours plus would be long-distance, in my view.

• Not really. When I think of 'long distance' I think different state/province or at least like 5 hours away.

• No, an hour isn't long distance at all.

• Nope, I'd say 2 hour is though.

• No. I've commuted further for school.

• I drive 45 minutes each way to school. Anything under 2 hours is nothing.

• Not at all. My ex girlfriend lives in San Francisco, and I live in Orlando.

• it´s kind of far for a long term relationship but damn well worth it.

• Two hours maybe would be

• it's not that far

• 1 hour? Crap, my previous date was 4 hours away and we get to see every 2 weeks.

What Girls Said 9

• I consider it long distance. Some may say it's not, but a lot of my relationships have been with a guys that we at least an hour away from me. It was very hard for us to meet up. Some people say, it's not like it's another state, but for me, I did live in a different state from my ex-bf. It was "only" an hour away, but that still made it difficult for us. I considered it long distance. It may not be a huge distance, but it's enough where it makes it difficult for you to see one another often.

• I think anything that involves you not being able to see the person your in a relationship with, counts (or should) as long distance. Not saying that he's forever away, and wicked far, but if you can't see them often or regularily, it can be considered long distance.

• An hour away is absolutely nothing!

• Yes. My older brother is an hour away from his girlfriend and he visits her only once to twice a week. So yeah, I consider it LDR.

• My boyfriend lives 11,311 miles away 😁 an hour isn't far. It's all about putting in the effort, if an hour is too far away maybe it's not meant to be

• An hour away no that's not long distance.

• No! That is definitely not long distance my boyfriend lives 9 hours away.

• I live 1h40 away from my boyfriend on the train and hardly ever get to see him because of work. It depends how often you can visit in my opinion.

• It's long distance when gas is almost $6 a gallon lol