Meeting Someone For The First Time?

In a couple of weeks, I'm meeting a gal I met online. We've been talking for almost 9 months and decided that we'd meet. We couldn't earlier due to things happening in our lives.

First off, let me be clear that this isn't a date (I' aware this is in the dating category). Because I am moving away next month (why we're meeting now) for school for a couple of years, we're not trying to start anything romantically. If something shall happen in the future, it will. If not, no sweat.

However, I still want to make a good "first" impression and even though we hit it off in our chats, I'm still pretty nervous.

I would like to hear stories from people who have been in a similar boat and how it turned out. How was the first encounter? Were you pretty nervous? Did you do something to calm down? How were you able to break the ice, whether it was with someone you just met or have been talking to for a while?

And yes, I'm aware of the potential of being catfished but I'm pretty certain that won't happen so please don't mention it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I met someone online and fell head over hills in love with her and we ended up getting married! <3
    3 years later and we are happy divorced <3

What Girls Said 1

• Such low expectations going into it is doomed to failed.

What Guys Said 0