Should I still go to prom with another girl?

I said yes to a girl back in high school two months before I met a girl in college but I said yes I would go to prom with her and I told her its just prom I guess I can go, but then I met this girl in college and now we are dating so I said yes before I dated her but should I still go to prom with this other, and I will never hurt my girlfriends feelings ever by leaving her but I said yes to this one girl, please what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you say, it's just prom. Are you and the high school girl just going as friends? If so, I'd still go, unless the new girlfriend had a major objection to it. In that case, I'd talk to her, assure her that you made this commitment months ago and that you and this high school girl are just friends, nothing more. Personally, I admire a guy who holds to his commitments like that.

On the other hand, if you were planning on going with the high school girl as a romantic date, then we've got problems. This doesn't seem to be the case from what you said, but if it is, then I'd talk to the high school girl, and tell her that you're dating someone now and can't go with her as a romantic date. She'll probably be a bit hurt, but that's the best thing you could do right now. If she still wants you to go with her as a friend, again, that's something you'll have to discuss with your girlfriend.

• No she knows it is just friends and its only prom, but I don't want to hurt my girlfriend either but I'm so loyal to her I will never disappoint her ever, its almost to the point I think I might love her, but it has only been about a month though, but is that to soon to love somebody!

• Then it sounds like you've got nothing to worry about. If I were your girlfriend, I wouldn't be concerned. :) Your devotion to her is sweet. It's impossible to say if one month is too early. Heck, my uncle was engaged to my aunt two months after meeting her. Just be careful with those three little words. Don't use them unless you mean them. Good luck!

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe first talk with your high school friend, tell her you have started dating a girl in college you really like, and ask your high school friend whether she still wants and needs you to take her to prom. For all you know, your high school friend may have found someone else (in high school) she'd now prefer as a date for prom. Or maybe your high school friend has decided she doesn't want to go to prom at all. Or whatever. Point is, things may have changed with your high school friend, and maybe this whole issue will just go away, like *poof*. If not, then I do agree you need to talk with your college girlfriend and be sure she's okay with you taking your high school friend to prom. Be sure to promise your college girlfriend that NOTHING will happen -- beyond maybe a hug and a friendly peck on the cheek. And if your college girlfriend still says "no way", tell your high school friend asap that she needs to find another date. Good luck!

• I have gone through something similar, you should ask your girlfriend if it would be okay if you go to prom with this girl since you already said yes and if she is ok with it then go. If she isn't then just tell your friend that it would be too weird for your girlfriend and tell her sorry. You need to do this right away that way she has time to find another date.

• Yeah go and ask your girl friend, and make sure you tell her up front that you just want her, but you don't want to go back on promises to anyone

• Just go with the girl you told 1st and explain to your girlfriend! Just go as friends that's what most people I know do

• Tell your girlfriend the situation you are in and hopefully she will see that you going to prom with a friend is no big deal. You aren't hurting your girlfriend if you take a friend who you promised you would go to prom with to prom. You going to prom doesn't mean you are leaving your girlfriend or that you are cheating on her, especially if you have no special feelings with the other girl. I say talk it out with your girlfriend, if she says no then explain to your friend that you can't take her and she'll understand and find another date.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell your girlfriend very clearly your intentions and have her know what your doing and if she loves you she will understand that your a man of your word and if things go right she will love you more but if you mess up it will not be really good at all so explaining the situation sometimes lying is a good idea but it does not look like it this time

• Lying is never a good idea.

• Lying is never a good idea.

Give me ANY situation and I can prove to you that lying is going to hurt someone.

Also, you say it is sometimes the best thing you can do to protect someone you love, but there is always another side of the story.

• Whenever there is a problem that can bring lots of stress to your partner and you know you can fix the problem then there is no need to put your partner through this like "you need to bring your girlfriends brother out of jail your girlfriend is at work she has a weak heart and strong emotions will hurt her and she doesn't know anything, the brother is completely innocent he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and you know this for sure would you tell her risk her health?

• You met a girl in college? I would go to the prom and if anything happens MAKE SURE SHE IS 18, and depending how this works out you might dropping college girl like 2nd period English. "I mean if the queen calls you up and says we're going to have dinner at the estate instead of the castle, either way your having fillet mingion" The Gecko

• I know it's going to make you feel like a bitch, but you're going to have to leave this one up to your girlfriend. Pictures will be taken, and prom night for a lot of people ends in sex, so you're best off just explaining the situation to your girl, arguing you're point (which is that you're friends, nothing will happen, that you wouldn't have even promised to do it except you weren't seeing anyone at the time, etc) and hope she's cool with it. Because let's be honest, even though you know nothing will happen, it's not unreasonable for her to get a little suspicious, and it's very likely she'll get upset if you don't tell her just because she'll think you're hiding it for a reason.