Went for the kiss but got rejected... why?

I met this girl through a friend and we started casually talking. We would text, hung out a few times from November until now, with her even setting up one of those dates. I tried paying on one of them but she insisted that she pay and let me know I could buy her a drink next time. All signs indicated that she was into me. Due to time constraints on our schedules we had to flake on each other a few times. We made plans to hang out at a friends party last Saturday and things were going well

I helped her walk our friends dog, hoping to get our first kiss and as soon as I got the chance I went in. Expecting to get a one back she told me I had to stop what I was doing and change my mind.

I was a bit shocked but I obliged and then listened for the next 5 minutes about how we couldn't do this because it could ruin the friendship between our mutual group of friends. Going down the list of reasons why she wasn't right for me including I'm too normal, its been a long time for her, she could just be an asshole and I would have no idea and she had to talk to our mutual friend because she was worried about what she would think. Almost like she was trying to talk me out of liking her.

I tried reasoning with her felt like she was holding herself back so I went in again but same result. I did my best to give her compliments but I didn't think it was right that I have to talk her into it. We went back to the party and had small talk the rest of the night.

We haven't talked since the party which was three days ago, should I wait for her to text me or am I wrong for not wanting to initiate contact?

Most Helpful Guy

• Eenk.. You did so many wrong.

You shouldn't have helped her walk the dog. What're you? Her bestfriend? You should have asked her out for a date.

And why in the world would you kiss her? That walk-the-dog thing wasn't even romantic. You didn't raise her comfort and make her laugh. So you just went in for a kiss. Poor girl - and you were a 'bit shocked'? You don't say Romeo.

And why are you getting serious with this girl fast? The moment when she rejected your "kiss", you should have said: "Oh hey don't get me wrong, but I thought there was something on your lips ;)" and You should have walked away after that. Man, where's your humour? You gotta keep the air light and funny.

And don't bother waiting or initiating texting her. You're already out.

What Girls Said 1

• just wait for her to text you i think when she said to stop you shouldn't have tried to kiss her again you can't force love it either she likes you or she doesn't in this it only goes as far as friendship

What Guys Said 3

• Just wait it out for now man. If she really cares about you she will find a way to get a hold of you. And if she doesn't you need to move on. It happens to all of us..

• She doesn't like you. Don't waste another second so much as waiting to hear from her.

• Was it anything like this?

http://i.imgur.com/jI8jjex.gif