How would you react if you got the cold shoulder from a girl/guy you really liked?

I started to ignore this guy (long story but stopped saying hi to him and everything)

and he just stares at me now and keeps locking eyes with me but won't do this if he standing next to me he will ignore me completely.

So how would you react?

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's the thing, I guess it depends. I met a guy and we didn't really know each other but I consistently gave him the cold shoulder for months (for self amusement, not much to do at work sometimes...) and then eventually I started talking to him. And he seemed really pleased with it, and now we're friends.

And now that we're friends, if he ever does anything to make me pissy, I'll ignore him and his efforts to get me to smile and laugh and talk to him are endearing, really.

Long story short, if he's not trying to talk to you anymore or trying to make you talk to him, then you need to pull on your big girl panties and approach him and explain what it is that you were thinking and what he did to upset you. And if you're not willing to do that, move along.

Because it sounds like he's done with trying to mend things and it sounds like y'all weren't that close to begin with if he's not trying / didn't try to keep you happy with him / figure out what happened.

• I know and I keep telling myself if he truly liked me he would make an effort, he would come and talk to me and that was the issue to begin with his lack of effort. I'm being an idiot and we haven't talked in months but... I just need someone to tell me "He doesn't like you and if he did he would've tried talking to you" because honestly 6 months of him staring me the fuck down hasn't got us anywhere.

What Guys Said 3

• if I really really liked you I would just keep trying to get your attention because I'm a committed person also I don't like leaving things in an awkward place (which cold shouldering usually ends up)

just to let you know, if this guy really likes you a lot you are putting him through a lot of pain giving a cold shoulder. If the problem was something shallow just open up

• It's been about 6 months now.. I was wrong for ignoring him at the beginning but now I don't know how to fix it and he does look angry or hurt I don't know. So this has happened to you? did it get fixed?

• wow 6 months? thats really long, I only got ignored for around 1.5 weeks and it was because I was sorta annoying asking her out on a date during finals lol
      but she explained everything and apologized in the end
      if it was 6 months I would've given up all hope of you liking me but I would've also finished up with any grudges I had for ignoring me. I feel maybe you should clear things up anyway, even if it ends in no relationship, its much better for closure and both of you will feel more comfortable

• Yeah I have no idea why he has been keeping this up... maybe it has to do with his ego or something he is a pretty popular guy and I don't think he gets rejected often.

• I would be sad and upset and then anger but then I proberly did something to let that happen and I would try to fix it why did you give him the shoulder

• He hurt my feelings and then acted like he didn't care so I stopped caring or acted like it anyway and stopped talking to him

• Yeah well he may be putting on a front everything has been provoked is some way but if he is treating you badly then don't let him control you

• I'd just be like 'meh' and carry on with my life.

What Girls Said 3

• Aww... I will feel sad :(

• Maybe stop ignoring him and he will stop doing it back?

• I think he's just really confused