Telling a girl I just met that I think she is very pretty. Good idea? Bad idea? Advice?

A few weeks ago I was skating with some friends and I saw this pretty girl. So I went up to her and we talked a little bit. It was weird at first but then we got a little more comfortable and it wasn't so bad then. We couple skated at the end and I got her number. I've been meaning to ask her to hangout with a group of friends so she'll be more comfortable but with the holidays here I'm sure she's busy with family. Anyways, I was thinking about telling her that I think she is very pretty so she knows I'm kinda interested. Is that a good idea? Bad idea? If good, how should I say it? If bad, what should I do instead? Answers are much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• goooooood idea. from a girls prespective, we love it when guys take the initiative and actually compliment us, it makes the guy stand out. go for it! send her a cute text saying : hey did you want to go to the movies to watch _______ on saturday? and if she says yes then say : sounds good, can't wait to see you cutie. but if she said she's busy, then no big deal try another time! goodluck!!!☺️

• Whats wrong with just saying " you are very pretty" . Guys i hardly knew have said that to me, i was flattered, its not offensive to say that. Lifes too short to beat about the bush. Just tell her!

• You should tell her everybody likes a conpliment, and you should tell her straight away

• Lol compliment her but don't be too straight forward like "I find you very attractive" be more like "you like cute today" or "I like your hair" something along that line.

• The problem is we haven't got much time to hangout so we text. And I was hoping to do it through that. I want to kinda let her know my intentions so I don't get friend zoned. Friend zoned is isn't always bad but I don't want that with this girl. Any further advice? Like something through text? Thank you.

• What would be a good way to phrase it without scaring her?

• If you want to ask her to hang out be like oh do you want to grab a drink sometimes or do you want to go to the movies? Don't make it too direct. When you ask her like this ^^ it shows that you're interestrd but not too pushy.

And if there's any chance of her being a bitch and she starts talking like "omg that guy is all over me! So obsessive!" You can just be like "uh no you're overthinking it I just wanted a drink and had nobody to go with"

But I'm assuming she's not a bitch so yeah asking her like that is safe for you and nice for her. You get me? Lol

What Guys Said 3

• She probably already knows your interested, just say , hey gorgeous what you up to? Then say ' hey im bored wanna come watch a movie? Etc

• Boom master up here take his advice ^

• It's funny but my whole life I use the exact same lines lmao! Shhh don't tell anyone ^_^

• It's a good idea. You have to make your intentions clear right from the start or you'll get friend zoned.

• Very bad idea, if you ask me. It's better if you show it with actions than to say it. A lot of girls pull away once they know you like them.