Why do I have the urge to cheat on my boyfriend?

I've been with him for a few months, but I can already feel like we're falling apart. He used to tell me he loves me everyday, but it changed to every other day and maybe weeks at a time.
I probably only see him every week for minutes at a time, which is incomparable when he used to come over almost everyday.
My good friend came over the other day just to hang out. I felt a really strong urge to cheat on my boyfriend, but I didn't. The fact that my friend did pull a move on me, I told him that I was still in a relationship. He said he was okay with it, and I hope he meant it.
Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like your's and your bfs relationship has run it's course and someone (i. e. you) needs to end it. For 2 reasons, 1 cheating is wrong, even if your relationship isn't voing well and 2 whilst your still in your current relationship it will be difficult to tell whether your feelings towards other guys are because you genuinely like them or because you're pissed off with your current bf and just wamt something different.

What Guys Said 3

• Why do I have the urge to cheat on my boyfriend?

because you are no longer into bf. as you mentioned you feel like you two are falling apart.

• If you have this urge it means that you're not happy with your boyfriend anymore. It's better to break up than to continue a relationship like this. So, break up with him and continue your life.

• ow boi, there I got what I don't like in girls generally. you expect to get a meal everyday that you normaly wouldn't have, let's say you would get a cake each day. now you get a cake each week, month.
    what you want is to get that cake no matter what and that's the reason you are weak and can't make a promise for example.
    if also can end with being to weak to stop smoking or stop drinking alcohol

What Girls Said 3

• A good idea would be to find a new boyfriend. You're obviously unhappy, so leave. Cheating is never the answer.

• Talk to your boyfriend about it. You don't have to mention wanting to cheat, but you could bring up that you feel like a lot of things have changed and that it's making you unhappy. Ask him if the two of you could meet more often, perhaps.

• I was in a similar situation as you. The only difference is that I was in a long distance relationship so I was feeling kind of lonely, plus the fact that my boyfriend was not as sweet to me as he used to be. I didn't cheat on him though. Feel that it was unfair and wrong. I think you should open up to your boyfriend, tell him how you feel, that you feel like you guys are growing in distance. That was what I did. Everything is better now for me :)