Open relationship: what is your opinion?

After a breakup from al ong relationship, I ma not ready to jum in one. Met a nice guy and he wants me to commit. Is it strange to say no. Need some time for myself.. As in not ready and wanna go for an open relationship?

• 1. Yes strange
  • 2. Normal
  • 3. Better take time and no relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are getting confused with a casual relationship? Open relationships are committed just not monogamous. Needing some time to yourself and being in an open relationship are kinda opposite things too. Communicate what you are feeling with this guy anyway, If you need some time to yourself tell him, if he thinks you're worth it he will wait. If you just want casual or friends with benefits, tell him. Honestly I don't think anyone should go from one relationship straight into the next one. Take some time to reflect on what you have learned from the last relationship and how to improve yourself to being who you want to be and what you are really looking for in a guy. You don't have to be ready to commit just because some 'nice guy' is. Do what is best for you and don't be pressured by anybody.

What Guys Said 6

• Vote 'B' normal but my definition is who says 2 people in an open relationship aren't committed to each other?

However, in your perception if tomorrow you want to 'commit' to a monogamous relationship then you expect him to change the same way too?

An open relationship doesn't mean that 2 people aren't committed to each other :-)

• It is not strange to say no if that is what you really feel. If you do like him and you want to take things slow tell him, if you need some time to yourself tell him. The bottom line is tell him what you are thinking.

If you still don't know/aren't sure I would try to take things slow, ask him to be patient with you and if you haven't already, tell him all about your breakup and how its making you feel.

• I also would not want to jump into another long term relationship. I would want some variety for a little while.

• Completely normal. You have right to choose whom do you like to get committed with.

• Open relationships are retarded.

• What would be the point? Who wants to keep a skag around for more then one night of drinking.

• Take it a day at a time! take your time to know the person and make sure you are a match. The most important part isn't hurt the other by committing ang giving falst jope. Doesn't mean dating MANY PEOPLE!!

• lol Tell yourself what you need to, but you're making a very clear statement that "I don't really like you, but I'd like to keep your dick on a leash... You know, just in case I can't find someone better than you, I get desperate, or have to go to a wedding or something..."

What Girls Said 1

• not into it. doesn't work anyway, unless you're muslim or mormon. and even then, only works for the men.

• not sure i follow. Open relationship doesn't work? what's the relationship with muslim or mormon.
      In this case, open as in don't to want to give false just want to take it day by day before giving it any label!

• open relationship mean you and/or your partner are allowed to have sex with and date other people at the same time.