Made a Bold Move, Why Didn't It Pay Off?

So the other night I was out to dinner with our friends and it was close to closing time. The place was decently empty so our waiter started visiting our table a lot. My friends started teasing me instantly because he was focusing on me, talking directly to me only and teasing and cracking jokes toward me. He was cute and funny and my friends (which included a guy friend of mine) seemed to really think he was flirting so I decided to be bold and just leave my business card along with the tip at the table. It was late when we left and I know it's the holidays today so to avoid crushing my ego I've been telling myself he just might be tired or busy but I think the unfortunate truth is that he wasn't actually interested. I don't do stuff like that often so it's hard not to feel embarrassed but I'm still glad I did it. My question to the guys is, was there a wrong way I went about it? I'm in college and I just got these damn business cards so I'm all proud and annoying about them and I'm literally such a nerd I was like "HOW SEXY IS THIS LET ME JUST GIVE HIM MY CARD". Would you be weirded out by that?

Merry Christmas guys XD and please, if a girl leaves you her number at least text her to let her know you're not available or interested. It's so much better than nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you went about it the wrong way.

There are many possibilities why he hasn't responded. Maybe he didn't realize the business card was a come-on. Maybe he's shy on the phone. Maybe he's shy in general, except perhaps at work where he puts on a persona. Perhaps he just enjoys flirting. Perhaps your friends only saw what they wanted to see (they are your friends; so, I assume they want you to be happy). Perhaps he's busy, since it's Christmas.

• Also... if you proceed with approaching men in the future (and you should, because it expands your chances of romantic success), you will quickly learn that actually women fail much more than one might expect. If you don't approach (and most women don't), the rejections aren't so obvious.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with dropping the business card. perhaps you could've written a brief note on it about hoping to hear from him... sometimes you shoot and sometimes you miss

• Good job for you! That was bold. The answer to your question is that sometimes bold moves just don't work out like we would like it does mean we don't try.

Merry Christmas to you!

• It's a coin flip. A bold move does not equal great success.

• I say good for you! Do you know how many people regret the things they DIDN'T do!

• You left a card with your number on it. That's not being bold. Flashing him and then asking him for a date, that's bold.

• Some people are naturally flirty, it was a bold move if you don't usually do that sort of things but you should be proud to have gone outside of your usual comfort zone. If a guy flirts, you leave him your card and nothing comes of it, it's not a reflection on you specifically, it happens to lots of people

What Girls Said 0