Do you think most people are confused about what they truly want in a partner?

Often times, you hear someone say that they want a sweet sensitive guy, but then they go after the very masculine, 'never show emotion' type. One (a couple actually) of my girlfriends say that they just want a guy who cares about her, and they really believe it, or maybe they just want to believe it, but they reject the nice guys who do really care.

in my opinion most people think they know what they want, when they really have no idea. Do you agree?
Answer the poll in regards to people in general. But comment: do you know, really know, what you want in a partner.

• Most people know what they want in a partner.
  • Most people have some indication, but are ultimately unsure.
  • Most people have no idea what they want in a partner
  • See answers/other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, sexual chemistry is weird.
    I see mismatches that leave me saying "what could he/she possible offer him/her.
    I guess that's why the saying goes about not judging a book by it's cover.
    I have lusted over guys, been out with them, and couldn't wait for the evening to be over. :(
    Other times I felt like "oh well" , and had a great time. :)
    Weird for sure.
    I voted B.

What Guys Said 2

• I think most people have an ideal that they are searching for, but they really don't know what they truly do and don't want in a partner until they have experienced it.

• No. Confusion implies you have a clue. People are simply clueless. It is a worthless gambit to talk about what you want since your body doesn't give a fuck what you think.

What Girls Said 6

• Not many people know what they want in a partner. Some should maybe set a few standards and go out and get to know people and stuff. I know what I want in a partner and everything else. I feel like some people though don't know what they want in a partner and just settle for whoever they can have.

• I do agree with what you said. Most people think they know what they want and when it comes down to a relationship, they realize that they might have missed a couple of important things or things that they thought are important aren't anymore.

• Beggars can't be choosers

• Not me
    I want a douche bag

• I think most people are sure about what they want, but settle when they run out of patience.
    It's possible that a person can have both, qualities you desire and qualities you abhor, simultaneously.

• Just because a guy may seem nice does not mean he is