Do dating sites prove that you are ugly or good looking?

If you are a naturally good looking , and you are on a dating site and you get messages then you are hot and if you are not getting any messages then you are not good looking. Is this the case?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being ignored on a dating site just proves that you are bipedal with a dick. Most men are outright ignored by women on these sites, because they get hundreds of messages from these guys who send them the most generic messages known to man. Worse yet, they boost the egos of some very run of the mill women... but i digress. I would certainly say that if you get a response to more than 25% of the messages you send, then you are probably one hotstudlovermuffin. But we're talking like, the upper 90th percentiles here. For the common man like you and I, you'll get a better idea by talking with women you know in real life and observing how readily they cling to you after a while.

What Girls Said 7

• i dont get much messages online but i do receive attention in real life.

• I ate 8 cookies today

• Well I did an experiment and race really plays a big part. A white female is more likely to get more messages than any other race... same with the men. But, also some guys were good looking but had shitty spelling or profiles or reallt bad opening lines. But, it can kind of but a lot of very average women white women... to be exact get soooo many messages over all the other girls who are not.

• no. I'm pretty average looking and I had loads of guys telling me how gorgeous I am. I'm not ugly by all means but I'd never get that much attention for real life.

I think it does prove how well you can advertise yourself though. I've seen some guys with really awful profiles and some with great ones. And the latter weren't always super good looking.

• do you think it could be my pics? or i would do better in person?

• well if it's the same pic you're using here it's not truly awful but not great either. Though closer to bad than good.
      Try a pick of you doing something though. I saw one profile of a guy that was into rock climbing and had loads of pictures from that. And the main him lying in the grass somewhere

• right ok thanks who ever you are lol :)

• I get more attention in real life so I don't know

• I don't know, I know several less attractive couples who met each other online.

• i can't get a message of anyone

• I think so. Dating sites are mostly helpful for people in their late 20s & early 30s though, I think. Try out in the real world a little more.

• Also, you sound really depressed in your profile on GAG. That may be coming across on your profile or messages. Work out your self esteem and sadness before getting seriously involved with anyone.

• Yep I agree. I even tested this out in real life no guys approached me.

• i dont get any messages of girls so i must be very uglyb

• I get messages but I rarely get replies

• i get nothing

What Guys Said 7

• Nah, girls will get messages no matter what they look like, and very few guys will get messages. Plus, pictures can make a person look much more (or less) attractive than in person.

• i know like rating sites girls are always like 2 points above what they are. like a girl will get a 7 and be a total mess and normal guys will get low. its just horny guys responding to anything

• Exactly. All a girl has to do is put on a ton of makeup, take a selfie at a downward angle that shows her boobs, and she'll get tons of messages guaranteed.

• I don't think so man lol. Some girls will be intimidated by you. I would think you would get some attention though. I've never done online dating. When I was your age we would meet girls out, through friends or like at the beach.

• why i look scary or something lol

• No problem :) I hope I helped.

• yes you have thanks mate , have a good new year

• I've never really been one for online dating, I prefer the old fashioned approach face to face, I certainly wouldn't think your ugly though for using a dating site, its just preference nothing more.

• No it's juz mean that u haven't found anyone conpatible with u yet. meh and @thechica LUV life is starting from tonight here on out 😊
    Baby 🌺💐🌹

• You have James Franco's good looks. You'll be fine.

• Yes, you are correct

• Only true for guys.