Do looks and body really matter?

like if she/he looks ugly and has a odd looking body, has the best personality, would you still date her/him?
Have you ever dated someone like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It does matter as it serves as the first impression
    the general idea is that
    Looks gets you in the door
    Personality makes sure you stay there

if you're not great looking then its not like all hope is lost, people less attractive just have to hang around long enough for the person to see through the aesthetics and fall in love with the personality, don't judge a book by its cover, ever.

• thanks for mho!

What Guys Said 6

• It does matter quite a lot actually. It would depend how serverly odd as to whether I would date that person.
    It has to be taken into account that personality only serves friendship type activities and behaviour, whereas a good body serves to enhance sexual type behaviours which as a much bigger part of the dating dynamic.

• If he cares about looks and body enough to not like you as a person, he's not worth it. He needs to realize that its the personality and values that count.

• I have to be attracted to her face, but I alsohave to be aattracted to her mentally and emotionally so looks do matter, personality matters just as much.

• Hell yeah it matters; you have to be attracted to your partner for a great sex life. God WANTS you to have a great sex life (in marriage).

Don't be disheartened though, beauty is common. Work out and get a great body then the men will flock.

• Hmm, beauty DOES help, and I can't picture a life where my wife is ugly.

• hell no Never.

What Girls Said 4

• Short answer: yes, looks matter.
    Long answer: looks matter because it's the first thing you can judge about a person before getting to know them, and if sexual attraction isn't there, there's not as much of an incentive to keep pursuing the person. But, the longer you know a person, the less looks begin to matter. If I think about my boyfriend, I think about who he is, not what he looks like, for example. In the long run, looks don't matter as much as a person's other inner qualities

• yes to a certain extent

• I would think it matters more when you're younger, because that's anyways where beauty is at it's peak.

But as you get older, you care about other things more.

Let's say there's a gorgeous girl, who is self-centred, can't take care of herself, the likelihood she can take care of a family with a partner is small. Why would someone want to marry a spoiled girl like that?

On the other hand, there is a girl who has a lot to give, she's well educated, she's caring, she's hard-working, that person will be a better choice.

I think the key is two things, be well-educated, (because that gains you respect, so it will make up for other things like being overtly attractive), and never show people you ahve an insecurity about your looks.

I know this girl, she's not bad-looking, but she could be considered unattractive, however, she never lets on, even for a second, that she's insecure about it, (I'm not even sure she is, because I've never seen her obsess over looks). People are cool to her, because she isn't really heavy baggage, she's smart, and they don't have a reason to be mean.

I too, when at times, annoyed by her, don't talk badly about her, because I do indeed respect her.

• Life is not fair people will not date a person they find unattractive
    Some guys who rarely get attractive women will settle for a mean girl or a bitch if she is attractive to him