Almost everyone says that they want to be with someone who is intelligent, but how intelligent is ideal? Do you just want someone who is of average intelligence? Or do you want a genius?
Also, are you capable of being with someone who is intellectually superior?
The examples are not denigrating those who work in the profession, they are examples of the best jobs that these types of people could get, given sufficient effort.
- Average e. g. accountant, teacher6% (1)30% (6)18% (7)Vote
- Above average - smarter than most, e. g. average doctor/lawyer/engineer50% (9)35% (7)42% (16)Vote
- Very smart - smarter than almost everyone, e. g. decent surgeon/scientist/CEO22% (4)10% (2)16% (6)Vote
- Incredibly smart - smarter than 99.9% everyone, e. g. top scientist, top surgeon17% (3)0% (0)8% (3)Vote
- Genius - e. g. absolute best of everyone in respective profession5% (1)25% (5)16% (6)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Honestly, I guess I've refined this over the years. I 'used' to be the really intellectual, thought about things and took stances that most people my age didn't at that time, etc... but I eventually exhausted myself with always engaging my mind in things, so I stopped to recover. I realized from that, that I could still be an intelligent person, do 'normal' things, and I wouldn't be degrading myself.
So with all that being said, if a girl was intelligent to actually be fun talking to and discussing things with, great. She doesn't need to be well-read, intellectual, or her intelligence is the first thing you notice after her appearance. If she has control over herself, can guide her mind to where she knows it will be best served for any given situation, etc... then that's fine by me.
Girls that play stupid are probably the single most annoying thing to me. I have no idea why being a ditz is considered cute, but I've seen it happen anyway. I want a girl that is intelligent enough to have a good sense of humor, can recognize sarcasm, has a charming wit about her, and can just generally hold her own on a mental level. Anything more than that is gravy on the potatoes :)0