Does this sound far fetched?

My boyfriend said his parents spent $20,000 renovating the basement for him to live in. I genuinely believed him. But when i told my friend they said that does not seem to be true. I'm so confused.

What Guys Said 2

• Is your friend a homeowner?

• It obviously depends on what the parents did. A single room added on, with paint, lumber, dry wall, flooring, etc can cost up to $10k- $12k and a 3/4 bath up to $7k-$10k if they have to tap into the sewer. Prices may also vary from region to region, state to state, country to country but if was a bathroom, bedroom, kitchenette and a TV/sitting room then yes, $20,000 if very possible.

• There is no stove and on TV.

• Bathroom? Sitting room? And what guy has a basement to himself and not have a TV?

Again, it depends on the work done. A basement apartment, even as a suite is pretty expensive. You could probably Google "cost of building a basement apartment" or something along those lines and get a general idea. :)

What Girls Said 0