Does true love really exist or what?

i mean, i have never had a girlfriend or any of that. i dont even speak with girls but i do like them. but after all these years im just losing faith in stupid love and true love and all that shit. so does it exist?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it does.

But it takes a hell of a lot more effort than this world is letting on.

1. You must be right for her. If you think in your natural state as you exist without effort into making you into a better man (Self effort) you are ready for a woman, think again. Depending on your childhood, it can take years of discipline and self examination (Seeking God doesn't hurt. God has helped me more than anything. I can't even take any credit for who I am today.) before you are remotely ready to give yourself to a woman. To put her first in everything. To be conscious of her heart as if it was more important than your own

2. Self discipline. Do not look up p*rn . Don't even masturbate. It twists your psyche into believing you already have a mate. Thus, afterwards, many men could walk by their ideal mate and not even bother to look twice- because their emotional needs were met, albeit only for a brief time. People want to say it's okay to masturbate- it is not. You become much more well rounded, much more mature when you discipline your body and stop. It also makes you ready for your mate when she comes a long. Sex is major for us men. Do not be tricking yourself into believing you already have a mate when you really don't. Because that's what masturbation does. Even masturbating after marriage is a bad idea in my opinion. Give all of yourself to your mate. Not just a part.

3. Have patience. I am thirty- five years old and alone. I ache so much to share my love with a woman it hurts, sometimes. But I have come to the realization that it is likely I am not ready for my mate yet. Here is a pro tip: Just because you desperately desire something does not mean you are even remotely ready to receive, or even appreciate it.

Do you have the patience to wait for the woman God has for you who will be the perfect completion to your mind, soul, and heart? Do you have what it takes to love and cherish her above you and your own needs and desires?

• no i dont. so i just end up alone. great...

• so all i have to do is to go to Church every Sunday and wait till i be like 60 years old.. no one wants to do that. ill guess true love is just for lucky ones and for the outgoing ones then. but thank you and merry Christmas ;)

• It's got nothing to do with church. It has to do with your own personal relationship with God, and your willingness to let Him work with you to make you ready for the woman He has for you. The woman who will be your mate, the love of your life, and be there for you in every way. But it's hard, bro. The reason it's taking me so long is because of all the things I used to do. I was very loose living and did things that damaged my heart, body, and soul. Those things take time to undo.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know if I can really define it. He gets me. He really does. He just treats me so well. How could I not fall in love with a guy like that. At 1st I was skeptical like you. He was the one to ask me out and although i did feel a very strong connection to him that i couldnt explain, i wasn't yet in love. He was... With time and as we got to know each other i finally KNEW in me that I loved him. I care more about his happiness in our relationship than mine for instance. I imagine a future with him. I trust him even with my most embarrasing thoughts and He is the only one i show my true playful self to. Also i feel such warm affection for him when we are together. And sometimes lust too, but it all derives from my love for him. Also I didn't fall for him hard and fast. It was gradual and slow, which is a good indicator of the seriousness of my feelings for him. Hope i helped

• good love story by the way. but it didn't helped sorry. i have just lost too much faith in love and girls and all that stuff and i just finding it hard to see my self like this guy you have met ;)

• What.

Kidding, it does and attraction/closeness/connection builds toward that :-) .

At least one person loves you truly in this world, unless you completely fucked it up for yourself.

But... you know,

they will come around eventually. ;-)

• oh and to add on, i believe that any relationship can prosper with chaste love, um.. platonic love :-). most intimate relationships usually for sexual desires, and that usually gets old.

but patonic love is true love.

• Yes, maybe not in the capacity you expect. It's not a fairy tale, but it's still beautiful.

• Love? What's that?

• @CHAR.
      Don't go searching cause you will inevitably interpret situations or gestures to suit what you want to see rather than what they really are.
      Love will find you and What's that? will be no more.

• I'm not searching lol. I've been called that search off.

• "true love" to ME = TOTAL SELF DELUSION!!!

• I think true love does not exist I believe people are in lust or are using that person but only break up later to realize it was lust

What Guys Said 6

• Platonic love yes.

The other kind.. well that'd be quite somethin'.. only as a concept I suppose.

But then that's what love is in the first place - a concept. Immaterial. And therefore platonic love only exists as a concept also.

• no... don't question it just accept it... this comes from years of being in love.

• Yes it does... don't question it just believe in it... and you don't need to be desperate... if it's meant to be it will find you one day

• I think it does, I haven't found it yet but I belive it does.

• I'm starting to think all you really get is a really good roommate of the opposite sex...

• Nope sir. Love doesn't exist