Is it a turn off when a guy is introverted?

I'm 18 and I am in uni. When I have free time (other than work and studying), I tend to stay at home reading or watching movies or I go to the library. I have plenty of friends, but none that I would call 'close' - we don't hang out regularly or anything like that. I don't really go to parties that often, but on the rare occasion that I do, I generally have a lot of fun. It's just that after I go out like that I feel like I need a few days or weeks just to recharge.

Do you find this to be a turn off?

• I'm introverted too - not a turn off
  • I'm introverted too - it is a turn off
  • I'm extroverted - not a turn off
  • I'm extroverted - it is a turn off
  • I'm not sure
Guys answer in regards to girls

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a big difference between being introverted and antisocial. I'm fine with either introverted or extroverted guys, but I also know some guys who sit around in the corner all day playing video games. I have nothing against video games and play them myself, but it is a turn off when the guy won't talk to you when you are there, but then expect you to be there for them whenever they get done melting their brains off.

• Personally, I hate video games. I find them to be a waste of time. But I stay by myself and read a lot.

What Girls Said 4

• I like men to be more introverted but that's my preference. You don't need to be a party animal, socialite, or have a whole posse to be attractive. If you met a girl who likes that, then maybe she isn't for you.

• I'm introverted too. It's not a turn off

• Um if ur an inni guy it can be. As an inni I rely on the other person making the first move but if im with an inni like my self means as the guy im guna have to make THE FIRST MOVE my last relationship with an inni went 6 months just to get a peck on the cheek. But it was worth it I just never know when to make that move.

• @cuzzy introverted and completely numb are not the same thing. I'm introverted big time, but I made the first move to kiss my bf the first date. Maybe that's just your experience though

• voted A :)

• I'm introverted too, its not a turn off but its frustrating for someone who's into you or vice versa.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm a huge introvert but I manage to get females attracted to me anyway. You don't have to be anti social and awkward around girls just because your are introverted. Introverted people are much more self sustaining which can be viewed as a positive thing.

As introvertism has nothing to do with confidence, shyness, social adeptness, etc there is no reason why it should be considered a turn off by itself.

• Yes. Being a brash, chatty person will win you a lot more attention and thus attraction.

I'm introverted but if I am in the right mood I can usually push out of my comfort zone and fake it. Unfortunately, our last office party was at a place with extremely loud music and I found it almost impossible to participate in any conversations, so I did what I normally did at parties - kept to myself and texted. People commented to me that they noticed I wasn't saying much.

• No one can see introversion. It's not like that. No one, and I mean no one, can even be able to give two fucks if you're an introvert because it's not something you can even fucking detect!

It... Oh you guys. I love you. I love you so much I hate you to the core.

• Some girls like introverted guys and some don't.

• No way. Im inni to just not shy. Some shilas dont like it but some do.