Is it appropriate to date her?

My cousin just got married and his wife's younger sister (my age, college) seems into me and has been for years (even though we only see each other 4 times a year at family gatherings). She has had a boyfriend for 2 years (he's away at college) but still seems into me. Yesterday we had a family gathering and she was so happy to show me a bunch of photos from her vacation.

At the end of the night she gave me a hug goodbye in front of her family. I was the only one she actually gave a hug to out of 18 others there. Later that night I requested her on instagram and she accepted and followed me. She had her boyfriend's name, the date they got together, and a heart on her instagram profile description but after I added her she suddenly erased her boyfriends name.

I really like her back but don't know if it is appropriate to 1... have feelings for my cousin's wife's sister, and 2... see someone who has a boyfriend. Thoughts?

• Appropriate to date
  • Not Appropriate to date

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think the non-blood relation counts. Fair game, in my opinion. However, she would need to definitively end her thing with her boyfriend first. I mean winning over the other guy is great and all, but starting a relationship with someone before she's ended hers should give you immediate cause for concern, doesn't it?

What Girls Said 4

• Appropriate to date once she doesn't have a boyfriend.

• Not appropriate to date.. she's now "family" in some weird way

• It's not appropriate, because she has a boyfriend.

• She's not married so put in your request.

What Guys Said 5

• Cousin's wife sister = fine
    Girl with a bf = off limits :)
    I don't think someone would erase their partner's name if they were still with them, even if they kinda liked someone else, so find out if she still with him, or if adding her motivated her to finally delete his name. If she's single, I think you're in the clear.

• Other than being that "other guy" that wrecked his relationship, I don't see a problem... there's no issue in the family relations since you're not blood related. As for hooking up with another guy's gf, try putting yourself into his place and imagine how you'd feel if you had someone hooking up with someone you cared about.

• I'd say it's appropriate to date, after they break up, but I would wait a bit after they break up, you don't want to seem lake a rebound, now date someone that feels they need to always be dating someone.

• It's appropriate to date only and only if she is single. Don't jump upon a person might act like single and endorsing a double date kinda situation.
    Today.. it's him. Tomorrow it may be you.
    She will definitely date you but make sure you want her.

• Well it's a matter of principal for me, but everybody's different. I think that breaks 3 or 4 rules of the unspoken Bro-Code.

• Hmm. You said unspoken, so I guess I can't ask which 3? Does text count as speaking?

• The unspoken bro-code is an ancient ruling upon men which we cannot speak of ever to women, it has been passed down thousands of years with not 1 man telling 1 woman, that is how sacred it is, so no, you may not ask.

:P

• True but since I muddled some of the details and changed the names it is allowed.