He likes me, I like him: What do we do next?

This guy really likes me and I like him too. We have sex every week and hang out, cuddle and watch movies. He said he wants to take me out to eat sometime. I haven't seen him in a while because we are on winer break at my college. I just don't know where to go from here, its at a high anxiety stage. I feel like we both are afraid to say how we really feel, like it feels so natural like we should be in a relationship. He wanted me to meet his friends, and I've met most of them. What do I do? I don't want to be the one to say I want things official. And If we must have this talk I want to do it in person. I've never really been a relationship before! Help?

What Guys Said 2

• Either you bite the bullet, get your feelings out there, and tell him what you want, or you don't and risk that he will never do it either. You have to decide whether you're willing to take the risk to reap the reward

• I'm so scared of rejection, I don't even know what to say, I sort of want to just wait for him to do it. It feels needy if the girl takes that initiative, isn't it? The guy's usually the one who decides whether to make it a commitment.

• I know, but if I'm like "I think we should date" that's weird. What if he doesn't feel the same?

• Well, imagine that happening. Imagine he rejects you, how do you feel? You'll feel pain, it will suck, a lot, but you WILL move past it. And you'll be able to because you know his answer.

Now imagine you never ask, and he never asks. Imagine how you'll go on feeling then. You both go on as you are. In my experience, that kind of constant uncertainty and unfulfilled desire sucks almost as much as a rejection, but it goes on indefinitely because the lack of an answer either way keeps you wondering whether there's a chance. It's like a person who leads on someone else that they know is attracted to them, except you're doing it to yourself.

• Do you talk through text on a regular basis? On the phone?

• yeah, we talk kinda often. My phone broke three days ago and he's been consistently messaging me on Facebook.

• So just ask him when he would normally call a relationship official...'In your mind, what needs to take place to make a relationship official'?

• I guess, but he would assume I want to be official with him if I asked that.

What Girls Said 0