Older guys asking out younger girls?

Ladies, what would you think about a 30-year-old guy who's going back to school asking out one of his 18-22-year-old female classmates? Would you think that it's creepy or weird or is it acceptable? Would your opinion change if you were the girl being asked out?

Overall the consensus seems to be a resounding "no" to asking out college girls. I asked this question because I haven't dated in years (the last girl I was with, though we never formally dated, died about 2.5 years ago) and I'd like to start but being in a small college town most of the girls I have a chance to meet are about 10 years younger than me. To date someone my own age I'd probably have to wait a few more years until I get out of this town, which doesn't really appeal to me.
As far as the maturity level of college girls and what point we're at in our lives respectively, I really don't care about a person's age-I care about who they are. If there's not a connection (ie if she's immature) I'm not going to keep dating her. Plus, between military service and depression, my 20's kind of slipped away so my life's basically where it should have been 10 years ago. So I'm 10 years behind girls my age which probably isn't very appealing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 19 and if a 30 year old asked me out I would run in the opposite direction as fast as I could. I see these type of questions all the time and my response is the same. Stop preying on younger girls, it's disgusting. I would say for you, that 25 is the youngest you should go. Honestly though most girls in this age range 18-22 are still teenagers and haven't fully matured or faced the harsh world. Plus we still have a lot of growing up to do, we're still gonna make mistakes, and dating an older guy limits those choices and almost forces us to mature so in a way it's unfair to us. I don't know the reason behind why many older guys want to date girls between 18-22 but there are many beautiful girls who are similar to your age and have the same level of experience and maturity so you should go for them. You will be more compatible to women your age as well rather then younger girls.

• "I don't know the reason behind why many older guys want to date girls between 18-22..."

Girls are just more attractive in that age range, to most guys anyway, and if you do end in a long term relationship with her you'll have more years before she gets old.

• 👏👏👏
      Well said!

• oh trust me, I know what the motivation is for older guys who go for younger girls. All I'm saying is why would a 30 year old man want to go for someone 10-12 years younger than him just because she's eye candy, when she'll be immature, inexperienced and most likely childish, when he can go for someone of his own age range 25-30 who is just as beautiful, and will likely to be more compatible and have more to offer him as she would be at a similar point of her life. Clearly, you would choose the latter. But if 30 year old guys want to be with a 18-22 year old girl then fair enough, to each their own. I just find that uncomfortable and absurd.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, I'd look for people a little older. These girls are in a different time in their life than you are.

• Avoid teenagers.

• A 30 year old man who asked me out several times, and I hated it. So creepy, but that was because he was a nasty and ugly man. But If a hot and really nice 30 year old guy asked me I would have said yes. Love to hang with older guys, but 30 is a bit old. (I'm 18,5)

• I am 21 years old and I am happily dating my boyfriend who is 30. :) So I say if you like someone go for it. Though below 20 does seem a little to young. I met my boyfriend when I was 20. I was skeptical it was gonna work out but this year has been the best of my life so that age difference can work. :)

• hey as long as they are older than 18 do the fuck you want

• But think about it like this- what kind of girl that's in college would date a significantly older guy? Is that the kind of girl you would want to be involved in.

• Here's to hoping you aren't my sort of ex.

What Guys Said 3

• I think that is perfectly acceptable and sensible. After all college is a time of discovery and discovering how dumb you were when you were 18 retroactively through the eyes of someone else is the best way to go.

• Dude take this advice seriously my friends dad dated a girl my age and it was okay but she put through him through a lot of stress, we haven't grown up mentally yet man! It won't be trustworthy because we exploring ourselves and well do a lot of things that we'll regret later on in life. By going into this your going to have a lot of trust issues I am telling you this because my friends dad was torn up and he is 42. Go for someone close in your age range like 25-30

• I set my limit at -8.

So when I'll be 30, I'll date at best a 22 year old.