He's says he's going to pull away if I don't become more open with my feelings, how am I supposed to do that?

He says that the only way he knows how I feel is by him having to ask all the time. I don't know how I can openly express myself... and it's getting frustrating. He tells me to speak to him casually like I am speaking to one of my family members and it makes me wonder how I actually sound when I speak to him. He says we don't talk about things or other things when we are together, it never happens. I am utterly confused by what he means. I know I have trust issues and I get embarrassed when I say what I feel most of the time. How do I approach this and conquer it? I feel like there's something wrong with me everytime he brings this up, I don't want to lose him already.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• maybe writing down how you feel can help you organize your thoughts so that when you -do- talk to him, you have some structure to your ideas. i think writing helps with a lot of different kinds of issues- it might prove to be useful in this scenario. you have to get into the habit of iterating your feelings. can't read you like a book, you can't expect him to read your mind. you have to communicate. that's key to functional relationships.