Does it turn you off if a girl sleeps with you on the first date?

Not necessarily sex, but some sort of sexual act. Is it a bad idea to have sex on the first date? When should you actually have sex?

• Yes, it is a turn off
  • Doesn't change anything
  • It makes me like her more
  • See answers

Most Helpful Guy

• It is only other girls (for the most part) who will judge you for doing this. The guy who dumps you after sleeping with you on the first date, is the same guy who dumps you after sleeping with you on the third date or the eighth date. He's also the same guy who dumps you after going on a fifth date without sex. The only difference is that no sex takes place - for you either. You're just delaying the inevitable.

Would you rather have sex with a guy and never see him again, or just never see him again? That's the only difference if a guy just wants sex. If you can have sex without getting emotionally attached, then there is very little downside. A guy who is going to stick around, will stick around because he really likes you, not because he is waiting for you to put out. Honestly, sex just cuts through the bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not saying that all guys just want sex. There are plenty of guys (myself included) who go on dates because they are looking for love. But these guys will not leave because you put out. You're still the same person, we just know what you look like naked.

• Keep in mind that if you have sex with lots of guys on the first date, and the word gets around, it will attract more guys who just want sex. So keep that in mind.

• I agree completely, but it makes guys think that you are a slut. So wouldn't it be better not to?

• Guys who call a girl a slut because she likes sex and sleeps with a few guys are idiots.. It means that they're either hypocritical or they're going to be horrible in bed. Somehow they think that sleeping with 10 guys one time is worse than sleeping with one guy one hundred times. They're idiots. That's all there is to it.
      Would you really want to be with a guy who is that judgemental?

What Guys Said 17

• Me and my wife slept together on the first date, as did me and the girl I had a year long relationship with before that, so it didn't affect how I saw them negatively at all. I think this whole 'a guy won't respect you if you sleep with him on the first date' thing is stupid. Any guy worth bothering with decides whether he respects a girl based on what she's like as a person, not when she sleeps with him.

People should sleep with someone when they're ready, not before or after.

• I think that every relationship is different and it is very possible to sleep together on the first date. I don't think that is the case every time but I'm site there are situations where it is fine. It definitely would not negatively impact my impression of her if we did because it would be mutual consent so I can't look down on her for it. If I didn't want to then I wouldn't. If we both felt like the occasion was perfect for it then I wouldn't stop it from happening either.

• yea... it means she does that to everyone...

• I'd like her more! It would make me think that she's comfortable enough and likes me enough within that short period of time to do so.

• I wouldn't let her. I'm not getting sexual with a girl I barely know. Maybe a kiss on the cheek or something.

• I don't think there is a timeline for when things should happen physically. Do what feels natural, what feels right, and when you are both comfortable and ready, it will be that more passionate and special.

• it wouldn't turn me off necessarily. if a chick is offering herself like a dog in heat I wouldn't turn her down id still sleep with her but wouldn't take her for anything serious. id see her like a sexual object and nothing more.

• Never had it happen

• I wouldn't entertain such folly, I'm telling you that and the chances of me remaining in contact with the girl after such a stunt are slim-to-none.

• Me personally, I'd want to wait till I know her better.

• If we hit it off, then there's nothing wrong with having a little physical fun.

• I am not a fan of having sex on the first date but I am ok if a girl sleeps in my house.
    I don't know her well enough to assume that she wants to have sex or sleep with me.
    First date should be about understanding one another.

• Not gonna let her even if she wanted to. ... Heck, I'm waiting for marriage...

• It would turn me off. I keep sluts off of my dick and wouldn't intentionally keep dating one.
    I question how many guys would actually be into this if you're asking because you want a long term commitment. Why else would you ask? The reason I say that is because I don't know how many would like it for a long term girl, but a lot would find it a turn on as they get sex with minimal effort.

• If a woman puts her mouth on my penis, I think I'd like her more than if she didn't put her mouth on my penis.

• Yes it's can be a bad idea, no it's not a turn off.

Just have sex when it feels right and you are both ready.

• It depends on her to be honest, if things move fast I do worry sometimes it'll burn itself out too quickly. But generally I go with the flow, follow my instincts. If we're both up for it then it's not a problem for me.

What Girls Said 6

• This is one of those things where some guys might say that having sex on the first date isn't an issue, but actually desired... but really, it is in your best interest NOT to do that. they're going to assume that you're a slut and that this isn't the first time that you've had sex on the first, etc etc etc. And while some guys really may support women having as much sex as they want, whenever they want, however they want, with whomever they want... i think that MOST will judge you negatively for it. so just don't.

• I am a girl but I did have foreplay with my boyfriend on our first date. The only reason we didn't do more is because it was the wrong week of the month. A year and a half, we live together. I honestly think that it depends on the guy.
    If you feel that something more serious could happen, that you are totally turned on and if he is as well, I think you should do it. Just see how it goes.

• I like your answer sometimes each person can't help their self and curiousity wins it wouldn't turn me off

• I think it'd be the opposite hahaha buuuut anyways I don't know it'd be pretty hypocritical if he thought it was. I mean, he slept with her too.

• If i it's a damn turn off for a girl to sleep with a guy on the first date, then it should be a turn off for her as well. Psshh

• Come on girls, have some class.. I waited till the second date haha

• I don't think it changed anything for the guy
    But if he was only in it for sex
    Then he's going to leave and not want anything to do with her