How do I deal with my parents?

I really can't stand them anymore, they're very possessive and obsessive with my studies and my career, they do everything to make me study and such, they took my computer, my phone and it bothers me so much, the thing is it's my first year of college, im FUCKING 18 and they still behave as if I'm in high school, my dad took my computer a week ago and then I found it hidden in his desk so I took it when he found out he fucking slapped and tried to strangle me, i really can't stand this anymore, im choking an i can't handle stress at home and the stress of the studies, i've been crying all night, i honestly don't know what to do? they overreact and they call me names such as whore and fucking useless shit just because i use my laptop a lot, like what the fuck, i don't even go out nor have friends at all, all i do is go to class and come home... please someone help, any advice would be welcomed

Most Helpful Guy

• There are several things going on...

1) You dont need to take abuse.
    2) if you are under their roof, no matter how old you are, there is an obligation to follow their rules. They are paying.

So that leave some choices... follow their rules (Again not suggesting you take abuse) OR find a way to move and start making it on your own. if you can hang on a couple of more years, life is going to be easier. in the long RUN, but you just may not be able to handle the rubbish from them. I am sorry.

What Guys Said 4

• At least you're 18. Well, you gotta move, things in your house don't seem that are going to get better if they don't understand that studies and carrer aren't everything in life. So, staying out of home seems to be a good idea, but you're gonna need money for that, so finding a job to get money will be necessary.

• ... Doesn't sound good... Go to college and apply for a job... Or go online and find one... Your 18 you can leave whenever... But you gonna need money... So get working and start saving money, plus being at work will keep you away from them so you'll be more at ease... Once you have enough money, leave.

• Sounds... Asian.

Anyway, I'd say "just leave" but I presume there's a reason you're staying. What is it?

• I can't MOVE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE MONEY, I DONT WORK, I can't WORK BECAUSE IM A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT AND I DO TAKE A LOT OF CLASSES AND EVERYBODY IS SAYING I SHOULD MOVE AND WORK BUT ITS NOT VERY HELPFUL BECAUSE IT MOST LIKELY won't HAPPEN, THIS IS SO SAD

• education is but not the dorms you have to pay

• And you refuse to get funding for it, all countries have student loans, that's how they fund themselves. Something is still missing; it's not forced...

• Kill them with a kitchen knife from... the kitchen.

• Get a job, work then move the hell out if it's so bad.

• Dude the first advice is horrible... a person who is depressed might do that in his/her state so don't say that even if jokingly...

• that's why I followed it up with something more rational.

What Girls Said 1

• If they want you to focus on your studies why would they take your computer and phone? They are essential, not everything is found in books. And that action of your father, slapping you and trying to strangle you is over the limits. Same with their overreaction and insults. Their actions suggest their care more about themselves that in your future, and are using you to feed their own ego.

• i swear i can't handle this anymore, im crying so hard right now, this is too much for me, i don't know what to do, they are so old school... i really don't know, i wish to leave and never return