How to say goodbye to someone I have feelings for/love?

Together for 2 years. I never had to say goodbye to someone I love. Everywhere I go it reminds me of us. We still try and talk to each other and remain friends. Still being intimate. He is dating someone else so he says. He says relationships come and go but friendships don't. Its up to me if we want to remain friends. He is friends with all his ex, accept one who he stated she tried to have him arrested. Only had 1 ex husband who is actually deceased. I haven't really dated or even know how to. I work nights and weekends so it makes it difficult to socialize.

Most Helpful Guy

• so you are saying you are widowed, and since dated a man for two years who you are now broken up with correct?

First i am sorry for the situation you find yourself in, that must not be easy. Second I would advise finding something that will keep you busy and allow you to focus elsewhere. I wish you well!

What Guys Said 2

• It may be too painful to remain friends

• I agree. It just makes getting over someone harder. I get too attached to people as it is. Even friends.

• "Bye." It's nothing really drawn out. It's weird but it's more painful to think about than it is to do no different than a shot in the arm.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to find closure. This situation is not healthy at all. If you care for yourself you must cut any communication with him until you can see him as a friend. If you don't you will always be roaming in this past relationship instead of finding happiness.

• Been there done the friends thing and it doesn't work. If anything it takes away any residual feelings he might have had for you (familiarity breeds contempt! It really does) instead Block him on everything. Come off of all social media for 3 months and think about you for a change. he's your past now. Let him go

• You can tell him how you feel and leave or you can try slowly pulling away from him. Another option would be to simply say "Goodbye" and leave.