Why do I crave chemistry so much?

I mostly date guys I don't feel a powerful attraction to, but I crave that head over heels feeling anyway. I go along with dating if I think it may work out, but often I wish it could feel more magical.

How can I push aside this childish impulse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because arousal is addictive. That's how it works on a hormonal level. But it's worth noting that you can consciously amplify existing connection with your thoughts and behavior. The source of your magic is both your subconscious AND your conscience.

• Really? Do you have any good tips?

• No, that's just too difficult. But there's a gray area where you're more neutral.

• Yeah, that's decent, you can somewhat lean it to the positive side if you're neutral or a bit over that, but still not melting every time you hear their voice, haha.

What Guys Said 5

• You can't! You watched way too many Disney Princess movies. That's not literal, don't do that...

• It's not so much the princess thing as strong sexual/mental attraction that I crave. I know it's not likely to happen, but how to make the craving go away?

• It's frustrating! Why are we made to want something that isn't good for us?

• That's the joy of life.

• watched too many Disney cartoons? haha i have no idea...

• It's more of a physical feeling that I crave than a set of things I want to happen. Have you ever been in love? It's so exhilarating, even if it is a load of crap, haha.

• Magnetism! Condolences on the heartlessness. :(

• haha that was a joke... just be patient... you'll find whatever your looking for...

• Ok, what is chemistry to you?

• A strong feeling of physical and mental attraction where you crave them sexually without having to talk yourself into it and also look forward to their company a lot and will go out of your way to spend time with them.

• It that case, you think a relationship shouldn't have to be work. In the beginning this should be the case. It's not always going to be like that though. As the relationship progresses, there's going to be ups and downs.

• It seems like is IS meant to be work, though. :S. I mostly date guys I really have to push myself to get involved with.

• You shouldn't push it aside, you should put it in the spotlight. Find passion and be passionate in return.

• I don't think this is wise. Most dating advice says chemistry is bad. :s

• Passion and chemistry are different things, but I would say that chemistry is a good thing either way, and that your sources are misunderstood.

• I don't think it's childish! I don't date girls who aren't magnetic to my dick!

• Guys get away with dating for passion more, perhaps?

• Haha, thanks. I'm pretty average and its ok. Chemistry in a lasting relationship, even if just at the start, just seems super rare though.

• I wouldn't say so, maybe I've been lucky. I'd does fizzle out though if I'm honest, then it's about whether or not you love the person and are attached enough to put the effort in and make it work.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want chemistry
    Find someone you have chemistry with
    Then have a baby.
    This will be called a chemical reaction

• Haha! Scientifically, I think so.