Why are there dating rules and do you always have to have sex after a certain amount of them? (Average I think is 3) ?

It seems dating rules have been established for a long long time. And I don't feel the need to follow them but what one rule that gets me that would probably make men not want to go forward in a relationship with me is the "sex on the 3rd date" rule. Why is this? Maybe I'm still an immature 22 yr old that plays videogames but whatever. I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only rule that matters is your rule. I had a girlfriend for almost a year and we did not have sex. She waited for the man she wanted to marry. We remained good friends and I respect her feelings and our agreement at the time. You must be true to yourself and this dating rule is rubbish. Do what you feel is correct for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Because humans need rules.

What Girls Said 1